23 Yo Losing Hair For 5+ Years, Reverse Using Trichology?

AnnieMaye

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been losing hair since I was 17. By the time I graduated high school, I had lost half my hair density. I remember trying to do something nice with my hair for prom and crying when I saw all the bald spots that peeled through. I honestly have no clue what I’d attribute the hair loss to; it seemed to happen out of nowhere.

Over the course of my hair loss I tried various treatments here and there, but none that I really committed to as I didn’t have money nor time, being an architecture student in college. I tried: rogaine, biotin, quitting sugar and strict dieting, and iron pills. Ive mostly been okay with my hair loss, since my then-boyfriend was extremely supportive and made me feel beautiful despite it. But since the break up (and a subsequent bedroom experience with a rebound who got soft after seeing my bald spot from above), I’ve been increasingly insecure and even started looking into prosthetic hair.

3 month ago, I came in for an appointment with a trichologist fully ready to shell out $3000 for a Cesare Ragazzi hair prosthetic. Instead, the trichologist advised that my hair is not beyond hope and there’s a high possibility of bringing back to at least a level 2 on the scale (I was a level 3 or 4). Since I’d prefer to have decent real hair than thick fake hair, I decided to do the trichilogy treatment. I’d also like to add that, in addition to the trichilogy treatment, I’ve been using rogaine since January, and will be starting dermarolling.

Not sure how to caption the pictures since I’m writing this on my phone, but I’ve dumped pictures from each month starting February til May. They should be showing in order. I saw increased shedding after starting the trichology treatments, so you might notice my March photo looks worse than my starting pic, but my part is starting to look tighter each month.

Attachments

• 225C6D38-2902-4FF1-B466-840727DDF2EB.jpeg
    225C6D38-2902-4FF1-B466-840727DDF2EB.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 527
  • 5EAABDDE-8785-40C4-BE70-D675544B2F55.jpeg
    5EAABDDE-8785-40C4-BE70-D675544B2F55.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 468
  • D547BD54-B94C-4E07-84C9-24412C599B33.jpeg
    D547BD54-B94C-4E07-84C9-24412C599B33.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 462
  • 953C79BB-3931-4280-86A1-579B506C8E2C.jpeg
    953C79BB-3931-4280-86A1-579B506C8E2C.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 472

Aki

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry this is happening to you, though I don't have any advice to offer. @Georgie is a female that has experience with hair loss.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been losing hair since I was 17. By the time I graduated high school, I had lost half my hair density. I remember trying to do something nice with my hair for prom and crying when I saw all the bald spots that peeled through. I honestly have no clue what I’d attribute the hair loss to; it seemed to happen out of nowhere.

Over the course of my hair loss I tried various treatments here and there, but none that I really committed to as I didn’t have money nor time, being an architecture student in college. I tried: rogaine, biotin, quitting sugar and strict dieting, and iron pills. Ive mostly been okay with my hair loss, since my then-boyfriend was extremely supportive and made me feel beautiful despite it. But since the break up (and a subsequent bedroom experience with a rebound who got soft after seeing my bald spot from above), I’ve been increasingly insecure and even started looking into prosthetic hair.

3 month ago, I came in for an appointment with a trichologist fully ready to shell out $3000 for a Cesare Ragazzi hair prosthetic. Instead, the trichologist advised that my hair is not beyond hope and there’s a high possibility of bringing back to at least a level 2 on the scale (I was a level 3 or 4). Since I’d prefer to have decent real hair than thick fake hair, I decided to do the trichilogy treatment. I’d also like to add that, in addition to the trichilogy treatment, I’ve been using rogaine since January, and will be starting dermarolling.

Not sure how to caption the pictures since I’m writing this on my phone, but I’ve dumped pictures from each month starting February til May. They should be showing in order. I saw increased shedding after starting the trichology treatments, so you might notice my March photo looks worse than my starting pic, but my part is starting to look tighter each month.
If you want your hair back you HAVE to take it seriously and actually stick to treatments. You can’t just try something for a month then quit.

First thing you need to do is STOP GOING TO TRICHOLOGISTS. Girl, it’s a waste of money. Go to a reputable dermatologist who can actually diagnose your hairloss and give you the necessary treatments. I think it’s safe to say that you have female pattern hairloss judging by your photos. What you don’t know is what underlying issues you might have which are cashing this. This could mean androgen excess. Therefore, you would need to be prescribed antiandrogen treatment to lower your male hormone levels. This could seriously seriously help your hairloss. Even if you have clinically “normal” hormone levels, it’s still probably a good idea to try an antiandrogen. Secondly, you will need to use minoxidil if you want to regrow hair. You just have to bite the bullet and do it.
Otherwise, you could try microneedling also to assist the absorption of the minoxidil. Don’t get sucked in by any other bogus treatment that you’re being offered. They won’t work.