23 (about To Be 24). 5 Months 1mg Generic Finasteride Update

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To see pics before taking finasteride, and 1 month in finasteride:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/..._balding_and_what_should_i_do_selfie/d83ra12/

to see past week:

http://imgur.com/a/EPH8d

--------------------------------------------------

Thoughts:

I don't think it is helping very much, I am getting thinner and thinner, as I notice that I have less and less hair available to cover up my temples. At this point, when my hair is wet, it is no longer possible to cover up my temples completely no matter how hard I try.

It has thinned enough that I must push the entirety of the top of my head to my temples to cover them up. This does not work of course, because gravity and wind simply move the hair back.

I thought that perhaps I was no longer shedding, but I was mistaken. I looked at the sink after combing my hair for these pictures, and it was filled with fallen-out miniaturized hairs.

I feel my temples are still recessing, with many of the miniaturized hairs (shown in the picture where I am holding up my "healthy" hair) are slowly but surely dissapearing.

The length between my hairline and my eyebrows are still increasing.

The failure (in my opinion) of this drug so far has forced me to essentially become a hermit, because I am afraid of going outside the house, and I do not think I will ever get a hair cut ever again because of social anxiety from them touching my super thin hair. Simply too emberassing.

I cut off all my friends and most of my family from depression.

I only take a shower perhaps one day a week now, because I do not leave the house, and I get afraid of the shampoo causing it to get worse (also nizoral makes my hair extremely dry and causes it to break apart)

The only benefit seems to be no longer having a needle-like pain on the top of my head.

------------------------

Side effects:

I had itchy balls, but, I had that before getting on finasteride as well.

I had brain fog, but, I had that before getting on finasteride as well (probably depression related)

I had reduced libido, but I had that before getting on finasteride as well. (although, now sometimes I go a week without getting turned on in any fashion, nor having any desire to be turned on)

My face is certainly getting puffier, there is more fat in my face, yet I am still at the same weight. It might be simply aging, or a side effect.

-------------------------

I had hopes that the drug would help make those minitruized hairs stop dying, and start growing again if I wanted a miracle to save my confidence and restore my life. Does not seem that will be the case however.

-----------------------

I will continue the drug for now, because I have little other options. Does anyone have any opinions about the hair? Sorry it is greasy.