22nd month, hairline still regrowing slowly

Deaner

Reaction score
Just an update in my 22nd month of treatment that the fine hairs along my hairline are still becoming more plentiful, longer, and thicker. I just hope that things don't take a downhill trajectory as the graphs show after the 2 year mark, because I'd like to see a little more progress before I start to lose again...

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the graph off hand but i thought things start going down hill after 12 months and then faster at 2 years.... do a lot of people see regrowth after 12 months?

Deaner

Reaction score
It's definitely after 2 years. I woulda shot that 12 month mark right outta the water by 10 months now considering it's been nothing but uphill since then.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
cool. if you are still seeing regrowth, i would think you have several years of solid maintenance ahead of you. some people maintain for 5 plus years on finasteride.

Deaner

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping for! I figure if I'm still on the upward trajectory, it's a while yet before I hit the "just maintenance" stage, and subsequently a little while longer before I start to lose ground. Here's hoping!

Pob

Reaction score
Congrats Deaner.

The graphs shows a steady increase up to 1 year, stabilisation during year 2, and only a pretty small decline over the next 3 years. But this is the average of all the trial participants so in fact no one single person involved would be identical to that graph in terms of hair count.

Hope all continues well for you.

I'm on month 3. When did you first notice any change in hair loss or increased growth?

Deaner

Reaction score
Honestly, most of my regrowth has been happening past the 1 year mark. I noticed the sharpest increase in hairloss after my 1st year of university, 2 years ago. Since then, I've managed to regain most if not all the density I had before that period, and my hairline is beginning to regrow now. I realize most of my hairline was lost in a 1 year time span in my senior year of highschool, roughly 3 years ago, and if Propecia could continue regrowth until year 3 I'm sure I might see some of this come back, that's how it appears to be working so far.

Deaner

Reaction score
Not that I can see, I can still get boners, I'm still horny as ever, and frankly, if my ejaculate volume/density is lower than usual, that's not really a big concern of mine cuz I'm (hopefully) not bringing any children into the world any time soon. But even that I'm pretty sure hasn't happened or has been negligible. All signs point to Propecia just doing what it's supposed to. No b**ch tits (pecs are still hard as a rock with no extra growths anywhere), nothin' like that. Really it's been nothing but positive for me which is why I find some of the negativity and fear somewhat odd.

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
I am under the firm belief that the people that have sides with Propecia/Proscar post about it (looking for advice, etc, it makes sense), and most of the people with no side effects don't post to say so. I also have no side effects, (3 1/2 months so far). I would bet that if everyone without side effects from Propecia posted here, that the board would be 98% one-post-threads stating they didn't have side effects while on it.

That and I think most people that use Propecia/Proscar don't post about it at all on the internet.

Thirdly, I think if you tell people what the possible side effects of a drug are there will be many more people that imagine they have them when they really don't. It's just human nature, and the way the mind works.