2212 Grafts Fue - Dr. Cory Torgerson, Toronto Canada

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Toronto Hair Transplant Clinic Review - Dr. Cory Torgerson

Previous thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/made-great-gains-want-more-ideas.120130/
My inspiration: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/my-5300-fue-turkey-7-months-since-op.104538/

Summary
Total grafts - 2212
PRP session added on
Price - $10,000 flat CAD (all taxes in), negotiated down from approx $13,000

Yield breakdown
Singles - 654
Quadruples - 60
Doubles and triples - all remaining

Medications
finasteride (going on 4 years)
Biotin
Nizoral
Dermaroll (will resume after a month on doctor's instructions)
minoxidil topical (will resume after a month on doctor's instruction)

My score: 4/5 - Positive experience for a Canadian clinic with high cost

The pros
- Clean facility
- Courteous staff across the board
- Was able to negotiate cost due to another patient dropping out
- Location is downtown Toronto (15 min drive from me) and not across the world
- Brian the main coordinator is very courteous and has excellent customer service skills
- Followup service: scheduled visits after 9 days, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year

The cons
- Expensive even after discount: comes with the territory if you're looking in North America
- Surgery performed by techs, not doctor (this doesn’t bother me)
- Medication not included in costs, needed to be picked up by patient
- No shampoo, spray, or any care package of any kind given aside from a couple pillow covers
- Transit to and from surgery not covered. If patient needs to take a taxi home after surgery they must be accompanied by a member of the clinic in the vehicle (required by law), and then pay for that employee’s ride back. Not a huge deal, just an odd inconvenience given the overall price

The surgery itself
- Hairline drawn by Dr. Torgerson, adjusted with my feedback
- Excellently performed by two techs: Rachelle and Raygana. Special praise to Rachelle who was incredible at her job and made me feel very welcome the whole time. Her service alone is most of the score
- Despite being over a 10 hour period the surgery flew by thanks to the medication and good spirits of the techs
- Dr. Torgerson came in periodically to check but was mostly uninvolved

Thoughts and lessons learned
- Tie your hands the first few nights - I wish I had been told this. On the first night while asleep I touched part of the transplant area and it bled, resulting in a large spot of dried blood. I immediately went to the clinic that day, thankfully none of the grafts had been disturbed and they weren’t worried. The blood however had dried onto the transplant area and I wouldn’t be allowed to clean it until Day 10. Not a big issue, but when your head is already weird looking it was an added annoyance that could have been prevented.
- I feel much more confident having done the surgery once - if I want to do another one I will likely go to Turkey to save money now that I know how the process works. With proper research there are many clinics where the difference in quality is almost nonexistent, sometimes even better in international clinics compared to North America.

Results
Too early to tell but feels good. Will update thread periodically. Last pic is today at Day 4.

. Day 1 - Pre.JPG Day 1.2 - Hairline.JPG Day 1.3 - Post.JPG Day 4.JPG

Last edited:

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 10, scabs washed off. Feeling awesome.

Attachments

• 5C80B5B6-A758-419F-9073-CF2F991FA7CE.jpeg
    5C80B5B6-A758-419F-9073-CF2F991FA7CE.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 577
  • 8224BEA3-F6AC-4564-849E-B79CDB2599C8.jpeg
    8224BEA3-F6AC-4564-849E-B79CDB2599C8.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 548
  • 03FFAECD-8E4B-4870-9983-5FD8DC04A688.jpeg
    03FFAECD-8E4B-4870-9983-5FD8DC04A688.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 548

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 20, head still a little red but no big deal. Transplanted hairs have started falling out.

Attachments

• IMG_3353.JPG
    IMG_3353.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_3357.JPG
    IMG_3357.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 546

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is the worse when the hair from the grafts fall out. I remember thinking it didn’t work. Each seems like an eternity too. But you look like you got a great deal and looks like no scarring, so I’m sure it’ll look great when it does grow in.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 20, head still a little red but no big deal. Transplanted hairs have started falling out.

Nice.

Hope you update us monthly on sheddings.

I am on my 3rd month after surgery; shedding looks terrible :D

Surgery on 4th November 2019.

3200 hairs.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder.

Will you lower your forehead one day?

I mean get another surgery to lower the hairline.

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there. Probably not if I'm being honest - the surgery was pretty exhausting mentally, I'm not sure I could do another (although I'll reserve final judgement on that after I get my full results in a year or so).

I'm a little lucky in that I've been having good results with my medicinal treatments so far (check post history). Once everything grows in I might have a pretty decent head of hair. The crown will still be thin but that doesn't really bother me.

Will drop another picture update at 2 months. Besides my native hair growing there hasn't been much to report.

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
About a month and a half, got bored so took some pics today. As I mentioned above not much to report - mostly native hair growing. I can see little new transplanted hairs starting to appear though.

Attachments

• IMG_3429.JPG
    IMG_3429.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_3430.JPG
    IMG_3430.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_3431.JPG
    IMG_3431.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_3432.JPG
    IMG_3432.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_3433.JPG
    IMG_3433.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 530

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree 100%

Spending hours on the surgery table :(

Hey there. Probably not if I'm being honest - the surgery was pretty exhausting mentally, I'm not sure I could do another (although I'll reserve final judgement on that after I get my full results in a year or so).

I'm a little lucky in that I've been having good results with my medicinal treatments so far (check post history). Once everything grows in I might have a pretty decent head of hair. The crown will still be thin but that doesn't really bother me.

Will drop another picture update at 2 months. Besides my native hair growing there hasn't been much to report.

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months in, here's another update. As per usual not too much to report, excited that the growing phase can finally start though. Starting to see little hairs pop up everywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_3836.JPG
    IMG_3836.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_3837.JPG
    IMG_3837.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_3852.JPG
    IMG_3852.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_3855.JPG
    IMG_3855.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 424

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months today. Significant difference from last month.

Attachments

• IMG_3971.JPG
    IMG_3971.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_3973.JPG
    IMG_3973.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_3972.JPG
    IMG_3972.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 529

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Making progress, man.

Th self isolation from the COVID19 helps us avoid public exposure to the ugly duckling phase.

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I apologize for anyone who is checking this thread. I've since migrated to Hair Restoration Network and dont post here much anymore. If you want to see my fully updated journey with pictures then click here: https://www.hairestorationetwork.co...ronto-canada-2212-grafts-fue-10-month-update/

Long story short I'm at 10 months and super happy. I had my doubts throughout the process but it actually turned out quite well for me and I'm thankful for the clinic who worked on me. All that said I'd like to be upfront with people as my perspective and research has improved greatly since I first posted. Dr. Torgerson is a cosmetic surgeon who happens to offer hair transplant as part of his clinic, but it isn't his specialty. This is important as your results may vary going to a clinic like this, and as a result I don't recommend it (despite my good experience). Check my above link for more info.

Once restrictions lift here in Canada I'll be getting my second hair transplant at a different clinic and filling out the mid scalp and crown. Can't wait!

Cheers everyone and good luck in your hair journey!

1 back.JPG 1 side.JPG 2 front 2.JPG 2 front.JPG 2 front:side.JPG 2 top.JPG