22 year old female- over 5 years of hair loss

wantmyhairBack

Reaction score
am a 22 year old female that has an autoimmune disease and has suffered from severe hair loss for over 6 years now. On and off I have the intense feeling of a burning scalp. I have had the run around with doctors and no one seems to give me an answer. Just curious if anyone has had similar experiences and any luck...PLEASE HELP
Thanks

bklemen@gmail.com

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I was in nursing school not too long ago, and I worked with a man with an autoimmune disease called lupus. It was part of my job to get to know the drugs he was on. Being a somewhat new hair loss sufferer at the time, I couldn't help but notice the number of drugs he was on that had hair loss as an adverse effect. He even had some hair loss himself. Are you on any medications? If you haven't already, you may want to look into them and see if alopecia (hair loss) is mentioned as an adverse effect. Try a drug book or go online. If alopecia is a potential adverse effect for any drugs you are taking, you could mention them to your doctor. Ask if there are any alternatives or how necessary they really are. I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you.