22-hairloss getting worse and worse

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings,
As time passes, I get to realize that the day in which I will have to see myself bald in the mirror gets closer and closer.
I never head hair like other guys, not even as a kid. But it only got worse.

I kept trying to hide it, avoid strong light, water, photos, just so that I don’t see my scalp through the forced hairstyle with the purpose to mask my balding as much as possible.

Today, as I was going shopping I saw an acquaintance which I did not see for a while, I said hello, and his first words back were “Dude, are you going bal?”. It ruined my day.

To be clear, it’s not even what others think of it, or what girls might think. I have no problems in talking to girls and approaching them, and my friends would support me and would not pick on something I’m insecure about.
It’s that it bothers me, personally. I just could not look at myself.
The main reason is that I don’t like it, to me it looks bad. It does look good on other men, I agree. It might look good on me, but I would not be comfortable and confident about it.

I planned on a hair implant, but the doctors of multiple clinics advised me not to do it as my balding is not stabilized. Meaning that, if I were to do it, my balding areas would be covered, but then the area in which now I have hair, it will fall. So I’d need to do it again in the future.

One clinic called me to see my scalp personally, I went and they told me the same, they advised me to do 5 to 7 PRP sessions, 1 each 2 weeks to give hair nutrients. They want to do analysis on my hair before and after so they could tell how my hair behaves.

I’m on natural Serenoa Repens pills now(saw palmetto) because one clinic recommended it, even if they said they are not a fan of natural treatments in this matter.

I don’t want to go directly full clean shave, I was thinking of a size 2 buzzcut or something like that.
But I ask you, judging by my hair, would it look alright?
Has anyone had results with PRP? Or saw palmetto?
0C019BF7-DDF3-4188-996D-D02AFE208923.jpeg

Attachments

• FEA4C377-C4B2-44D6-BC16-9353FA76A485.jpeg
    FEA4C377-C4B2-44D6-BC16-9353FA76A485.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 278
  • 62D17C6B-ED29-4916-9998-1C4AF7ECBC96.jpeg
    62D17C6B-ED29-4916-9998-1C4AF7ECBC96.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 36ABE9F0-7519-4C42-855E-A1B7826087CB.jpeg
    36ABE9F0-7519-4C42-855E-A1B7826087CB.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 284
  • ECF54567-E52E-4476-A9D6-C35891C7850D.jpeg
    ECF54567-E52E-4476-A9D6-C35891C7850D.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 5185F6D4-64EE-44B5-B464-D801CB856A29.jpeg
    5185F6D4-64EE-44B5-B464-D801CB856A29.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 288
  • B14288D3-51AB-4350-9D15-1BDAD63EDB83.jpeg
    B14288D3-51AB-4350-9D15-1BDAD63EDB83.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 284

whatintheworld

Reaction score
At your age, unfortunately, expect things to progress for the worse pretty quickly.

I would recommend getting on finasteride and minoxidil to slow things down, you may get regrowth as well, or even stabilization for many years who knows.

In about 5 years or so after you've been on treatments I would then look into a transplant.

eMPowrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unforunately finasteride is not so easy to get in my country. It's not the one that is sold in the US, just some variations which are not the same thing.
Minoxidil has not really worked for me, though doctors told me that the brand that I've been using(Alopexy) is very bad.

aanya577

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here Are 7 Foods That You Must Avoid For Hair Growth:
1. Sugar

Yes, this sneaky menace is as harmful to hair as it can be to your general health. Studies have proven that diabetes resistance can lead to obesity, and diabetes can cause you to lose hair or cause hair loss in women and men. The primary reason that causes diabetes resistance can be a lifestyle rich in starches, sugars and refined carbs.
2. High-Glycemic Index Foods

High-glycemic index food items are the ones that trigger an insulin increase. Foods such as refined flour, sugar and bread (yes again!) contain high GI foods. These foods can cause hormonal imbalances that can cause an increase in insulin levels and androgens, which bind hair follicles, causing hair loss.

3. Alcohol

Hair is mainly made up of protein, which is known as Keratin. Keratin is a protein that helps to give your hair structure. Alcohol can hurt protein synthesis and may cause hair to become thinner and lacklustre. Additionally, excessive alcohol consumption can cause nutritional imbalances and lead to follicle loss.
4. Diet Soda

Diet sodas are laced with an artificial sweetener, aspartame, and research has discovered they can harm hair follicles. If you're experiencing hair loss recently, it is recommended to stay clear of diet sodas entirely.

5. Junk Food

Junk food is often loaded with monounsaturated and saturated fats that increase your weight, contribute to the development of cardiovascular illnesses, and cause hair loss. A diet high in MUFA's or SFA's can increase testosterone levels, which could also increase amounts of DHT hormone. DHT is an orrogen and is associated with alopecia. Additionally, oils in food can cause your hair to become greasy and cause obstruction of the pores and shrink the hair follicles.
Raw Eggs Whites

Eggs are fantastic for hair, and however, they should not be eaten in raw form. Raw egg whites can trigger biotin deficiencies, a vitamin that aids in producing Keratin. It's the avidin found in egg whites from basic, a combination of biotin that interferes with its absorption into the colon.

7. Fish

Mercury levels that are high could cause rapid hair loss. The most prevalent sources of mercury are the fish since the level of methyl-mercury in fish has increased in the last few decades due to climate change and overfishing. Seawater fish such as swordfish, shark, mackerel and other tuna species are high in mercury.

AlissaLynn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps you should see a doctor because it's not very normal to lose so much hair at 22. Of course, if this is not a genetic feature in your family.

mackr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here Are 7 Foods That You Must Avoid For Hair Growth:
1. Sugar

Yes, this sneaky menace is as harmful to hair as it can be to your general health. Studies have proven that diabetes resistance can lead to obesity, and diabetes can cause you to lose hair or cause hair loss in women and men. The primary reason that causes diabetes resistance can be a lifestyle rich in starches, sugars and refined carbs.
2. High-Glycemic Index Foods

High-glycemic index food items are the ones that trigger an insulin increase. Foods such as refined flour, sugar and bread (yes again!) contain high GI foods. These foods can cause hormonal imbalances that can cause an increase in insulin levels and androgens, which bind hair follicles, causing hair loss.

3. Alcohol

Hair is mainly made up of protein, which is known as Keratin. Keratin is a protein that helps to give your hair structure. Alcohol can hurt protein synthesis and may cause hair to become thinner and lacklustre. Additionally, excessive alcohol consumption can cause nutritional imbalances and lead to follicle loss.
4. Diet Soda

Diet sodas are laced with an artificial sweetener, aspartame, and research has discovered they can harm hair follicles. If you're experiencing hair loss recently, it is recommended to stay clear of diet sodas entirely.

5. Junk Food

Junk food is often loaded with monounsaturated and saturated fats that increase your weight, contribute to the development of cardiovascular illnesses, and cause hair loss. A diet high in MUFA's or SFA's can increase testosterone levels, which could also increase amounts of DHT hormone. DHT is an orrogen and is associated with alopecia. Additionally, oils in food can cause your hair to become greasy and cause obstruction of the pores and shrink the hair follicles.
Raw Eggs Whites

Eggs are fantastic for hair, and however, they should not be eaten in raw form. Raw egg whites can trigger biotin deficiencies, a vitamin that aids in producing Keratin. It's the avidin found in egg whites from basic, a combination of biotin that interferes with its absorption into the colon.

7. Fish

Mercury levels that are high could cause rapid hair loss. The most prevalent sources of mercury are the fish since the level of methyl-mercury in fish has increased in the last few decades due to climate change and overfishing. Seawater fish such as swordfish, shark, mackerel and other tuna species are high in mercury.
I can agree with this as I saw this connection in reality. My friend who has diabetes type 2 struggled with hair loss. While he was on his medications, he bought trulicity online, he was loosing much more hair in comparison with the time when he followed a strict diet (without meds).

Last edited: