21[m] Fighting Against My Receding Hairline (with Pics)

ElToso

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm not a native english speaker so expect some grammatical mistakes:)
I started losing my hair when I was not yet 17 in 2016 so I went to a trichologist who prescribed me a lotion with: 1% progesterone 0,05% estrone 0,05% hydrocortisone butyrate. I later added minoxidil towards the beginning of 2018, which I didn't respond well to. The situation remained stable until two years ago when I noticed an accentuation of the receding hairline, but I continued to use only this lotion and my trichologist reassured me that it was only a maturing hairline.
During this spring I was unable to get the lotion made by the pharmacy due to Covid and had to start using industrial minoxidil. This June I went to the doctor and he prescribed me finasteride.
My current regime now is
  • Fina 1.25mg (since June)
  • Ketocolost shampoo
  • Minoxidil 5% (since 2018)
  • 1,5mm Microneedling (since July)
  • RU 3% 2ml (since September)
I'm starting to use a ketoconazole cream (cyp17a1) and an alpha lipoic acid cream (DKK1) on my hairline.
The next thing I would like to add to the regimen will be estriol, but I think I will wait for December so I will have a clearer idea about the results of RU and Fina

These photos are from the beginning of September, soon I update with the new ones and also the old ones if I find the USB that contained them

Last edited:

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are nice high quality pics, how it should be done, take dry pictures also though.

Is that lotion custom made just for you or can you get it shipped worldwide?

Would topical estriol do anything tbh?

ElToso

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was compounded by a pharmacy and prescribed by my doctor.

ElToso

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are today's photos after a month of RU

I see some new baby hair

(deleted pics)

Last edited:

ElToso

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I received my parcel with 20g of estriol, 20g of RU and 2g of Duta. Soon I will start to apply estriol, 20mg in the morning and 20mg in the evening. The vehicle is the same that I use for RU, 70% ethanol 30% PG. If estriol does not dissolve completely I will warm the bottle at 40/50 degrees.