21 and losing my hair

ddft346t56

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've always had a very high hairline (even as a child), I've also always had very thin hair. It's obvious that I'm losing it and I don't know what to do. I only really got worried about it when I saw my scalp in the mirror. I can deal with the hairline that I have now, but I can't deal with being bald. I've been so depressed these last few days, everything that I ever wanted to do in life is just gone. I used to be the guy who was always happy, the one who was always loud, now I'm a mess. I just can't handle losing all my hair at this age.

Here are a few pics, I wet my hair so it would be easier to see my hairline. I'm really worried about the scalp picture though. How long do you think I have left until I go completely bald? My Dad has a full head of hair, my grandad didn't. I'd like your opinions please. I've read about finasteride but am pretty scared about its side-effects. I've read that people get permanent side-effects, so bad that they want to kill themselves. Please help.

Here are some pics-

http://i.imgur.com/G6PSgVA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EJIGulq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WY53DGk.jpg

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair looks a bit thin in front and in the crown area. I am a little bit concerned about your scalp condition. It looks inflammed. any soreness or itchiness? Go and see a doctor, please!

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
If i was you I'd at least try finasteride, only a small percentage if users have bad sides, and if you do then you can just get off it, or lower your dose. From what I've read 0.2 mg is almost as effective as 1 mg and less likely to cause side effects. Your hairline height and position reminds of my own, which was also always very high, even when I was 15.

ddft346t56

Reaction score
your hair looks a bit thin in front and in the crown area. I am a little bit concerned about your scalp condition. It looks inflammed. any soreness or itchiness? Go and see a doctor, please!

I do have itchiness. I googled and people said it was caused by male pattern baldness. DHT itch or something? I thought it was just that. What should I look for? Red marks?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,

I've just decided to shave it all off when it gets too bad. I done some calculating and to take all these drugs would cost a lot of money. I'm not willing to spend all that just to keep some protein on my head. I just hope I have one of those good head shapes for being bald. I was so depressed about it, but when I made the decision to cut it short (I'm going to buzz the sides down to a #1 and when the top starts to go I'll just cut that down to #1 as well) it felt so relieved. I've spent the last few days being really depressed about it but my action to shave it off before the male pattern baldness does really helps. It's like it was my choice not the male pattern baldness' choice.

I'm really curious though, has anyone had a baby while taking finasteride? I've been studying them a lot and found that they're very bad for pregnant women. I'm just wonder what kind of effect having a child while being on finasteride would have. Does anyone have experience with that?

Thanks.

Dreamliner

Reaction score
Your photos do not work. Clicking on the links directs you to a site saying the photos do not exist or are no longer unavailable?