20yrs old-2 yr shedding please HELP- birth con. the culprit?

Nixie

Reaction score
Hello! Nice to meet you all! New to the forums.. I thought I'd give this a try, it seems to be my only hope.

I have been on different forms of Birth Control for almost 3 years. (Most recently Ortho-TRI-Cylen- for 6 mos). I have experienced shedding with all of the BCP's (birth con. pills).. and as of late my shedding has been accompanied with a deep persistant scalp itch and pain. (no scales, though.)

It was my birthday today, went to get a haircut-- and I lost about 500 hairs, along with crying as it hurt so badly when she brushed it. My hair used to be gorgeous..so am MORE than willing to stop BCPs... or switch. (I take two other Rx's.. both for acne, but no accutane!)

1.) What levels should I test for?
2.) What BCP's have worked for you ladies?
3.) If I stop the BCP-- do I ween myself off to prevent the "big shed"?
4.) Any other information..

Please, your advice, I'm at the mercy of this perscription.. not a place I've ever imagined being. :(

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
First off - Why dont you stop the birth control pills? Is the boyfriend that insistant upon finishing his bizness inside you? If so, tell him to grow the hell up and wear a condom. Better yet, tell him to go get the mens birth control patch or shot or whatever it is. Make him deal with it.

Secondly, you should check out our women's forums at http://www.heralopecia.com/forum .... the ladies there are very very helpful and can give you good advice.

HairLossTalk.com