20 years old, help..

hurley7789

Reaction score
I've had thin hair since high school and have always been self conscious of it, i've learned to except the fact that i will probably go bald, but I really like to prevent it for as long as possible. I don't think I have a receding hair line, just real thin hair. What can I take to make it thicker and fuller? I'm thinking rogaine, but if any has any suggestions please let me know, Thanks.

G

sup hurley,

first thing you have to do is get on an oral DHT inhibitor, a pill to stop the balding process.

rogaine is great at thickening hair and regrowing recently lost hair, but it won't stop the balding process. Think about it like this: DHT is like water and your hair is a boat. Propecia is the plug to stop the flooding.

You should use both together if you want the best regrowth/maintenance results.

I would honestly go see a dermatologist to confirm that it's male pattern baldness and not another medical condition like thyroid, etc. These drugs won't be able to help with medical conditions other than male pattern baldness.

Then you can ask him to write you a script for the cheaper version of finasteride(finasteride is the active ingredient of propecia), Proscar. There is a generic out in the US now and you can cut the pills in fourths with a pill cutter and only pay around $250 a year compared to $700 on propecia.

Then use Nizoral 1% shampoo to keep your scalp clean and healthy. Use a teaspoon's worth every 3 days or so and lather it in your hair and leave it there for 5 minutes, then wash it out.

Just start with Nizoral and the Proscar/Propecia for now and then add rogaine later if you feel it is necessary.

edit: i see you're already on rogaine. ok add the propecia and nizoral then after talking to your doctor.