20 years old girl, hair loss suddenly

emily_

Reaction score
Hello,
I've noticed that lots of hair are lost. I had lots of stress at last year: I broke-up with my boyfriend in October, I moved in to another flat, I took my exams. In January I haven't had any hair problems; so my hair problems started in February. So I'm reduced to extremes.
In my family there aren't genetic hair problems - androgenic alopecia or female-pattern hair loss, the first blood test results show that I haven't got any deficiency disease. Next week I will take another blood test, what will show my hormones.
Will it grow back? What type of hair loss may I have?
Thank you forward to your replies, Emily.
2014-05-08 12.00.30.jpg2014-04-23 10.34.33.jpg2014-05-22 13.24.49.jpg2014-05-26 13.44.02.jpg2014-04-01 11.03.27.jpg
( P.S: the most place, that I lost hair is right side of my head)

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should first compare your hair with a female pattern hair loss scale to be sure it is not the genes. Second you should go to a derm so he/she can get a close look at your hair and identify if it is FPH (female-pattern hair loss).

Hair loss due stress is also called Telogen Effluvium or telogen effluvium, this is when you see all of your hair thinning. You could do the pull test, just pull at some hair lightly and see how easy it is to pull it out if you see around 5 hairs in your hands it probably is Telogen Effluvium. And yes this will grow back.

Also don't worry from the pictures it doesn't really look like FPH and hair loss that is not related to genes is probably able to regrow by itself or with natural remedies (black people that have overstyled their hair use natural remedies to regrow it).

I hope this thread is not a troll because it doesn't look really bad at all.

And are you losing a lot of hair in the shower?

emily_

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply and advices so much!
All my family members have abounding hair - so that's why I think it isn't genetic. I was at a dermatologist in March, and she said I haven't any hair loss problem - it's funny, because she didn't look my hair.. :D
From January to March I've losing a very-very lot of hair in the shower, my hair is blocked the sinker so many times - but now it stopped.
The pull test is always negative; that's why I don't know what type of hair loss is this.

Mehrdad

Reaction score
I see dark circle around your eye, Its probably due to light or make-up, But is your Iron/Hemoglobin level in normal range in that Blood Test? You may have Iron Deficiency which cause hair loss. So, check out for B9/B12/Iron deficiency.

anyway,
Try topical Saw Palmetto extract (Spray, Gel, etc) for at least 3 months and see what happens.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply and advices so much!
All my family members have abounding hair - so that's why I think it isn't genetic. I was at a dermatologist in March, and she said I haven't any hair loss problem - it's funny, because she didn't look my hair.. :D
From January to March I've losing a very-very lot of hair in the shower, my hair is blocked the sinker so many times - but now it stopped.
The pull test is always negative; that's why I don't know what type of hair loss is this.

If your hair loss randomly stopped after some months your hair should grow back after around 6 weeks or more.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Emily, you need to post in the women's section, not the men's one. I have asked the admin to move this post to the correct part of the forum, so you don't have to rewrite it all.

Reaction score
Take some iron, black currant oil, biotin 10000 mcg, and tocotreinol which can all be purchased at Walmart. Those vitamins should help with your hair problem. It doesnt look like fpb to me either.

emily_

Reaction score
Mehrdad: Dark circle aroung my eyes have been long since. There are in under my eyes because when I was a baby, I had hiperinsulinism. My Iron and Hemoglobinleves was a normal, but before the blood test I started pull vitamin.
I'll look out for Saw Palmetto extract, I haven't heard about it before, thank you for advice :)
2bald2young: It's varicify. Sometimes/somedays fall more, sometimes less.But nowdays my hair doesn't block the sinker.
ChrisW1980uk: Sorry, I get lost... :S and thank you!
mr the hairy monkey I hope that is Telogen Effluvium. The 6 months is by the hair loss started, or stopped?
AddictedtoSoftDrinks Thank you for your reply, I love to hear it that it isn't female pattern hair loss.