20 years old concern about balding

100sand100

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 20 years old and I first noticed my hair was thinning march 2020 as soon as the lockdown started. It has gotten a bit better from then, once I tried to care of my hair properly. I have had blood work get done and my testosterone thyroid and vitamin levels are all normal. The GP recommended I take biotin and use Rogaine after seeing the results of the blood test. I have been using biotin for a month and I know results aren't meant to come in that fast but I just wanted your guys opinion on what's happening because I have been in the dark for a year.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
my hair always feels really dry and brittle as well and my scalp feels itch often too.
Biotin won't do much unless you are in a state of malnutrition. My daily vitamin has 30 mcg which should be enough. Don't worry. All of us started out on biotin because that's all that cis-females know about because they put it in their shampoos and tout it in salons. It does a whole lot of nothing as do pretty much all non-HRT supplements. Minoxidil is great and that's the first step. I have been on it for 31 years or so without missing a day except here or there. Now I mostly use oral but I also use topical but oral works great. If minoxidil doesn't work for you then let me know and we can discuss other meds proven to work like reductase inhibitors.