20 years old and not confident about the future

mrmat15

Reaction score
Well before you scroll down and look at the pictures I just wanna say that at first I didn't think my thinning hair would be this bad yet but Im noticing in the shower that Im losing hair more frequently than I ever did. Its not major but its one hair at a time but its every time I rub my hair in the shower. Anyways so far I have only used regenpure anti androgen shampoo and nioxin conditioner to make my hair thicken but i need opinions on whether it might be able to cover up the problem spots in the pictures. I have been only using regenpure and nioxin for about a week and dont really notice any difference. Any chance i can start using rogaine without the initial shedding to be noticeable or should I get a buzz cut and then start? And don't flame my thread saying I don't have it bad and Im not the worst case out there I get that enough from everyone else so keep that sh!t to yourself if you really wanna help me out please give me some constructive opinions. Thanks for your patience.

Here are the pics:

2.jpg1.jpg20150818_162816.jpg

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure nixion doesn't do jack. It's pushed by hair saloon stylists to rip you off. Doesn't look like you suffer any hairline recession which is good. Just some minor crown thinning. Shedding is common off rogaine not everyone gets it however and still manages to get regrowth somehow. You want your best shot get a script for propecia.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Like TD500 said, your hair line looks strong, maybe some crown thinning. I will give you the same advice too. If you know for a fact that you are losing your hair, your best bet is propecia. I know it isn't the most perfect option, but it's the best we have at this point. Shampoos will not do much to stop your hair loss, so I wouldn't expect much from them as far as that goes.

Ryuduo

Reaction score
You should at least try minoxidil. Not sure how you feel about propceia, some don't want to take drugs due to side effects. Granted, there are people taking them that don't experience side effects at all.

mrmat15

Reaction score
How much does propecia cost? TD500 to bring up nioxin again I saw a thread by some guy on this forum in the general hair loss topics where he had pictures and stuff. He mentioned nioxin in his regimen and it seemed pretty legit based on the pictures.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How much does propecia cost? TD500 to bring up nioxin again I saw a thread by some guy on this forum in the general hair loss topics where he had pictures and stuff. He mentioned nioxin in his regimen and it seemed pretty legit based on the pictures.

If you get the 5mg tabs or the generic its dirt cheap. I couldn't get a script for the 5mg pills so I got generic from costco 3 month supply for $25.

I actually used nixion once prior to learning anything about male pattern baldness and of course visiting this site. It's snake oils pretty much from what I've read here and almost everywhere else.