20 years old and my derm didnt want to give me finasteride

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
Even though this is my first post in this board, ive been reading it for the last couple months and decided to go see a derm.

After i told him about my hairloss (im already a nw2 and my dad, his dad and brother are all nw6/7), he said i shouldnt take finasteride yet because i was too young to be messing with hormones and just gave me min 5% and some hairloss shampoo!

What should i do? should i just try to follow his directions and see what happens or should i get some finasteride online and get over it?
im affraid ill lose ground without finasteride.

Just tell me what you think!

abcdefg

Reaction score
For some reason dermatologists doubt the very science that gives them a job. Not only that but most derms are very very ignorant on anything male pattern baldness related. Just go to a different dermatologist if you can afford it or maybe see a hair club for men or some transplant place that might be more willing to write prescriptions for propecia. With a very strong family history its almost worth taking propecia just for prevention. I would try if that was me.

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
Goto an online pharmacy (you'll find loads of people talking about them on this forum) and order a generic version of Propecia (I'd recommend Finpecia by Cipla).. Honestly, same sh*t (finasteride), different smell (lower price), and NO prescription needed and NOT illegal.. Good luck!

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
dresden said:
Even though this is my first post in this board, ive been reading it for the last couple months and decided to go see a derm.

After i told him about my hairloss (im already a nw2 and my dad, his dad and brother are all nw6/7), he said i shouldnt take finasteride yet because i was too young to be messing with hormones and just gave me min 5% and some hairloss shampoo!

What should i do? should i just try to follow his directions and see what happens or should i get some finasteride online and get over it?
im affraid ill lose ground without finasteride.

Just tell me what you think!

I think your docs being very responsible - finasteride does mess with your hormones. I don't have any sides, but I really wish I didn't have to take this crap. Having said that you should probably see another Doctor because its the only stuff that is going to address the cause of your hair loss (assuming you have male pattern baldness). He probably just doesn't understand that losing your hair is messing with your head more than finasteride will mess with your hormones.

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i think eventually will have to take finasteride because in one or two years ill be a nw3. Is there such a difference starting at age 20 or rather starting at age 21 or even 22? How many guys here are under 20 and on finasteride? Are you feeling any side effects?

antonio666

Reaction score
Tell your Doctor to fly across the atlantic and i'll kick his *** who does this Doctor think he is ,demand him to give you the proscar or you will put a bomb under his car

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
halowolf did you have any side effect?
lol thats a good idea antonio, he doesnt even have to fly that far, im from this side of the atlantic to!

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
f*** what your Doctor said. I started dutasteride at 19 and have completely normal hormonal expression. Go find a good online pharmacy. I recommend unitedpharmacies.com

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 3rd week into finasteride and I'm 21 years of age and so far just loss in libido...although today I'm horny as fcuk. :)

And by loss in libido I don't mean ED problems. I can still get it up no problem. :)

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks thats great news AssignmentZero! i pretty much decided already ill just get in to it and see what happens..