20 Years Old and Bye Bye Hair

rocker1019

Reaction score
Well, it all started about 2 or so years ago (the summer of 2012), my senior year of high school and slowly but surely the hair started to thin. I began to use Rogaine pretty early and it didn't do anything for me. I used it just as instructed, 2 times a day and I rarely missed a day or two. I used Rogaine for the last 20 or so months. Here is the thing that baffles myself and my family, my mom has an amazing head of hair, and my dad didn't start to lose his until his 40s. What else can I do other than Rogaine, any ideas? I've been taking vitamins and a chinese herb the past 5 months (Catalyn, B12, and Ban Tu Wan) and I don't notice a difference. All that is left for me to try that I can think of is laser treatment (Hairmax Laser Comb). Any suggestions or comments from anyone else?

Thanks

Here is my head at this current moment:
20141217_035321.jpg

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you thought or looked into propecia/finasteride yet? Laser comb's are pretty much a waste of time and money. You seem to have pretty aggressive male pattern baldness and the best way to fight that would be with either finasteride or dutasteride.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
Welcome among us. Here, have a Hailosstalk starter kit :
289398HLTsrter.png

Reactions: Raz

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride is your only answer and amigo friend, it's a damn risky ****ing drug but is the closest thing to a cure.
And if it doesn't work you can always try dutasteride.

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil... I keep getting more convinced that it can have a bad effect on some people...

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed very agressive Androgenetic Alopecia. In what pattern is your father losing hair? What about other males on your motheres/father side of the family? I think you should quit minoxidil.

rocker1019

Reaction score
So do you guys suggest to stop using Rogaine and do use finasteride/dutasteride?? Which one and how often do you hear of people getting the side effects?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
start finasteride or dutasteride

massa

Banned
Reaction score
Get on dutasteride and minoxidil as you hair loss is aggressive and maybe youll thicken up your back and mid scalp regions

shookwun

Reaction score
My sincerest condolences goes out to you on your situation. Only option would be a hair system, and propecia to maintain your sides, and back.

What is life like being a NW5 diffuse at 20 years old if you don't mind me asking?

How are you treated by women when you advance on them?

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairloss is often a lottery so unfortunately male pattern baldness has hit you early even though your dad kept his hair into his 40s
I knew a guy who was thinning in high school and 2 years later is now a cueball. I saw photos of him and his family on fb and was shocked to see his dad was a nw1-2

hope the meds work

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
What is life like being a NW5 diffuse at 20 years old if you don't mind me asking?

How are you treated by women when you advance on them?

Things have never been better. Women love the new hair style, hasn't had any effect on me getting laid at all. As a matter of fact I experienced my third menage a trois last night.

shookwun

Reaction score
Things have never been better. Women love the new hair style, hasn't had any effect on me getting laid at all. As a matter of fact I experienced my third menage a trois last night.
lol-duck.gif

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride+Min is mandatory. Keto is optional but will definitely help. Hope you have success with these medications.

TinSoldier

Reaction score
dude, your past the point of no return imo, even if you are very very very lucky and have great success with finasteride it will still only leave you with a very half assed head of hair. Id save your time and emotional energy and money, shave it off, get in shape and become the best person you can be, rather than fighting an agonising life long battle which you literally 100% wont be able to win with the medicine currently available. Just my thoughts..

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's though luck mate, your hair loss is truly agressive to be such a Norwood at 20 years old.
If you do decide to go on finasteride, just know that you probably won't see much growth, by the looks of it.

Anyways, my first step would be shave it, you don't have a bad head shape. I'm not really fond of saying people can "pull it off" with a bald look, because it's not a really good look but it would look better than your current one.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score

:uglylol:

Get on dutasteride and minoxidil as you hair loss is aggressive and maybe youll thicken up your back and mid scalp regions

↑ only choices for treatment at this point. Or you can consider applying for a hair transplant.