20 year old. Is this a bald spot?

abdmabdullah

Reaction score
Hi. I'm 20 years old. Always had very thick hair. My grandfather is 82 years old and he still has a full head of hair. I had noticed in the past 2,3 years that my hair wasn't as thick as it used to be. I took this photo and I think it's a bald spot, or the beginning of one. I have been severely depressed over it and even cried several times. Can you guys take a look and see if it really is a bald spot or maybe a cowlick or something? Thanks a lot!
IMG_20160521_140408.jpg

marine608

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, that's your natural 'whorl'. Your hair on the outer edges of the whorl seem to be thick and healthy. Maybe take a better quality picture, and closer next time.

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
The picture you took is with a flash so its kind of hard to tell. Some people's whorl is bigger then others. So you might have a big whorl or it could be the beginning of hair loss. Take pictures of your hair wet and dry at the same angle in the same lighting every few months and see if it gets worse. If it does consider starting finasteride or minoxidil.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
first time user

I just started to use nioxin product today? Anyone heard of it before? One thing that im pretty concern is after used it, i realised my hair dropped even more. Any one got aby comments on nioxin product? Why is that so? Im super worry and gonna cry already. Im 40 years old and my hair started to dropped a lots for the past few months. Im always has a thick black hair but my hair now getting lesser n lesser. Both my parent got very nice full thick hair. Why me?