20 year old, is my hairline starting to recede?

Thor21

Reaction score
Hey guys. My name is Jason and I'm 20 years old. Ever since I was 17, i have been worrying about losing my hair or even my hair receding because there was this kid in my school that went completely bald within 2 years and no one had even noticed be ause he was wearing a wig the whole time he was at school.

Anyways, ever since then i have been super paranoid about my own hair, and i seriously dont know why. And now that i just gave myself a haircut, it has me on panic attack mode because of what i can see on my head. i need someone to put my mind at ease and tell me whatss up with my hair line. I justwanna know where on the Norwood scale i'm at, and if anyone has adviceon how to slow it down, please let me know.

On the left temple i can feel a cold like sensastion and i always massage it to make it go away. But yeah. Here are some pics:

number 2 buzzcut:

(ignore the middle dent in the hairline, when i was 8, i dived head first into a shallow pool and scrapeed my head against the floor. I permanantly lost hair in that area)
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

And here is a photo from september:
image.jpg

So yeah. i keep asking people if my hairline is receding and they always say no, but i never think that its true. And im paranoid about this because i know that a receding can get worse over time... Thats what gets me. Anyways thanks for your guys help. I really appreciate it.

Thor21

Reaction score
I think thats a Nw1 hairline, family history of male pattern baldness?

Yeah, the old man has a NW5 hairline and his old man was bald as well. Dad didnt start balding til he was in his late 30s though. My only younger 18 year old brother has a NW0 hairline that im super jealous of...

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No such thing as a Nw0 hairline, unless what you're talking about is an extremely low hairline..or what can be referred to as a strong hairline. A nw1 hairline does not mean you are receding, more like the complete opposite! Nw1= perfectly fine hairline with zero recession.
I just want to make it perfectly clear that having a nw1 hairline means you don't have male pattern baldness. OK.

Thor21

Reaction score
No such thing as a Nw0 hairline, unless what you're talking about is an extremely low hairline..or what can be referred to as a strong hairline. A nw1 hairline does not mean you are receding, more like the complete opposite! Nw1= perfectly fine hairline with zero recession.
I just want to make it perfectly clear that having a nw1 hairline means you don't have male pattern baldness. OK.

Oh ok, cool. So would you say I probably have a hairline like Andrew Garfield from Spiderman?

tumblr_lef65ozDC11qe28too1_400.jpgAndrew-Garfield.jpg

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
More of this BS!