20 year old experiencing balding

mfowler52

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Michael, I'm 20 years old. I've looked at this forum a few times in the past year or so, but never decided to make an account until now. Now I'm deciding to share my experience with male pattern baldness.

Looking back at pictures of me around 17 years old I can see that I had a higher up hairline, but back then I didn't really notice it was from balding. Then a little over a year ago, I shaved my head a lot shorter than I ever go and I guess it was then that I realized I was balding. My longer hair used to cover it up so I didn't really notice before. Now ever since then I've stressed out about it. Since then i've tried many different hairstyles, growing it back out, and I even shaved my head bald just to see how it looked! None really satisfy me, but I'm sure I'm not the only one in that situation. I usually just wear a bunch of different hats, which I think hats look best on me. I've been coming to terms with balding though, it isn't running my life as much lately.

I've told myself, though, that I'm not going to use any products to try and regrow any hair. I feel that only creates more stress, because you're constantly looking back at your hair and looking for results. I know that none of the products will ever really give me what I actually want, a full head of thick hair, so I'd rather just live with what I've got then something I'm still not satisfied with and had to become a slave to. Now, don't get me wrong if they come out with some miracle product that regrows all hair-loss and does so fairly quickly, obviously I'd be all over it! Haha.

Here's a few pictures of my hair currently, and actually I've always wondering what norwood I fall into? Just curious to hear what other people think.

forward.jpgside 1.jpgside 2.jpg

And then here's what I looked like bald, with a sweet beard I grew out too haha

bald.jpg

Thanks for reading!

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Self-acceptance is key among all else. Finasteride and minoxidil are nice ways to cope if it really starts to bug you. Realisticly speaking, based on how much you receded at your current age, expect a full NW6/NW7 if you continue without any treatment within the next decade or so.