20, almost 21yo male - Hassan and Wong Agreed to do FUT

godcursedmenw6at20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Hassan and Wong are willing to do a FUT, or FUE at me on my age. I started topical min/finasteride, and viviscal pro about 4 months ago and have seen insane regrowth and stabilization. It is still by no means a "grow it out" situation, but still a large improvement.

I am aware it will continue to bald, I do not care about keeping my hair my whole life. I would rather have hair or be able to rock a decent buzzcut while I'm young. I am not at all concerned with keeping hair forever or even long term. I would be more than happy with decent hair for the next 3-4 years.

From what I've read, Hassan and Wong don't leave any brutal scars and I'm okay with having a little scar when wearing short hair.

I just recently added microneedling 1x a week, and nizoral 1x a week in the shower on the day I shave my head. I might wait another few months to see if my density increases to decrease the total amount of grafts needed.

One thing I am confused by is how FUT will work for repairing low density areas. Wouldn't the strips cover up existing hair and led to a thinner look or losing existing hair?

Would love some feedback on H&W in general. Thanks.

Dont tell me I'm a lost cause please, i cant survive on morsels of fat chicks my whole life

Last edited:

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow that’s some aggressive hairloss @20

H&W are apparently the best clinic in the world according to some hair forum and the most expensive

You have good beard hair, I will be honest. I won’t even bother with finasteride/min at this stage, let the beard grow and increase even more and body hairs as well. Become a hairy bear

You seem to have retrograde alopecia so the donor might not be best. Body hair is what will save you and finasteride/anti-DHT treatment stunts body hair growth which you don’t want given your hairloss. I got really hairy after 26 so I think body hair grows very late age too.

Or maybe you want to continue using min/finasteride until 30s? That’s not a bad option I guess especially since you seem to be a hyper responder but it will come at the cost of body hair. I am on finasteride and I just stopped getting hairy lol, beard grows slows and lost some body hair on arms and legs but I started late in 30s so beard hairs are intact just grows slow

godcursedmenw6at20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow that’s some aggressive hairloss @20

H&W are apparently the best clinic in the world according to some hair forum and the most expensive

You have good beard hair, I will be honest. I won’t even bother with finasteride/min at this stage, let the beard grow and increase even more and body hairs as well. Become a hairy bear

You seem to have retrograde alopecia so the donor might not be best. Body hair is what will save you and finasteride/anti-DHT treatment stunts body hair growth which you don’t want given your hairloss. I got really hairy after 26 so I think body hair grows very late age too.

Or maybe you want to continue using min/finasteride until 30s? That’s not a bad option I guess especially since you seem to be a hyper responder but it will come at the cost of body hair. I am on finasteride and I just stopped getting hairy lol, beard grows slows and lost some body hair on arms and legs but I started late in 30s so beard hairs are intact just grows slow
Yea dude i fucked up in my past life to become this bald. ill take all that into consideration. I may just be a "no hope" case lmao

Ajamilo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
broo, you dont mind going bald but you want a f*****g scar on the back that will be visible when u shave down ur hair?
U will look like a weirdo bald grandad that even your family will keep the children hide from. Have you seen Joe Rogan or just type fue scar on google and see the pictures.
What ever you do, use the medications finasteride, Oral minoxidil and perhaps RU. And do FUE if you are going to use do a hair transplant

godcursedmenw6at20

My Regimen
Reaction score
broo, you dont mind going bald but you want a f*****g scar on the back that will be visible when u shave down ur hair?
U will look like a weirdo bald grandad that even your family will keep the children hide from. Have you seen Joe Rogan or just type fue scar on google and see the pictures.
What ever you do, use the medications finasteride, Oral minoxidil and perhaps RU. And do FUE if you are going to use do a hair transplant
LOL i will not give a f*** what I look like when I'm old. Literally didn't even know Rogan had a scar either. Sounds like I'm getting FUT

jimtmcdaniels

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Hassan and Wong are willing to do a FUT, or FUE at me on my age. I started topical min/finasteride, and viviscal pro about 4 months ago and have seen insane regrowth and stabilization. It is still by no means a "grow it out" situation, but still a large improvement.

I am aware it will continue to bald, I do not care about keeping my hair my whole life. I would rather have hair or be able to rock a decent buzzcut while I'm young. I am not at all concerned with keeping hair forever or even long term. I would be more than happy with decent hair for the next 3-4 years.

From what I've read, Hassan and Wong don't leave any brutal scars and I'm okay with having a little scar when wearing short hair.

I just recently added microneedling 1x a week, and nizoral 1x a week in the shower on the day I shave my head. I might wait another few months to see if my density increases to decrease the total amount of grafts needed.

One thing I am confused by is how FUT will work for repairing low density areas. Wouldn't the strips cover up existing hair and led to a thinner look or losing existing hair?

Would love some feedback on H&W in general. Thanks.

Dont tell me I'm a lost cause please, i cant survive on morsels of fat chicks my whole life
Hmm say, Do you have itching and/or flaking/dandruff on your head or even in your eye lashes?
If so, a possible connection with your hair loss might be the Demodex mites:

Because from all I've read and what I'm trying for myself is:
These mites are microscopic and considered part of our body's natural flora to have on our bodies (mostly face and head and hair) and they are very difficult to kill. They can NOT be seen with our eyes and are difficult to see under microscope. Dandruff can be considered evidence of an over infestation.
Interestingly, these mites are Not always found on our youthful healthy head full of hair human-bodies Till after our teen years they start to show up, according to what I've read. We acquire these mites from other people.

They are related to bed bugs and spiders and even the mites which cause extreme dog mange/hair fur loss. They have claws and mouths which bite. They eat our skin sebum and more(they aren't for sure).
Their population and prevalence on us people increases as we age and are found on virtually everyone who reaches age 70.
These mites have a tendency to over populate in our hair follicles and pores and can possibly cause damage. From clogged pores, enlarged pores and eye lash hair loss.
They are related to or can cause skin rosacea and eye lash blepharitis, etc. when they over populate.
In those instances, dermatologist are more and more now recommending killing them/reducing their numbers with proven tea tree oil treatments.
Scientists are still arguing and are unsure if they are friends or foe to our bodies or some kind of combination. They just don't know, they are so damn small and hard to track.
Of course there are so many organisms which support our bodies health. Yet there are others which damage us.
Also the mite's actions on each of us might be unique to different unknowns and how our body deals with them.

SO you might buy some natural tea tree oil (one of the very few things which can kill these mites, if used consistently over time in a high enough concentration 25-50%). It is an essential oil with some very unique properties.
Mix the tea tree oil with an equal amount of a skin safe oil as a carrier, such as almond or olive or avocado or coconut oil, etc.
This gives a 50% mixture because full strength tea tree oil is too strong for our skin and unnecessary and the oil helps prolong the tea tree's effect before it dries and soaks into our skin.
BTW tea tree oil is considered good for our hair and is found in a good number of hair shampoos products etc and has a minty smell.
YET these are generally over priced for what little tea tree oil they contain and probably aren't concentrated enough to kill the mites.
Shampoo is washed off, etc..So not what we want here...

Apply the mixture each night when you go to sleep (because the mites prefer to come out of hiding from our hair follicles and pores in the darkness while we sleep.
When they need to mate/breed and are most susceptible then. Apply the mixture to your scalp and also ideally your face, eyebrows, forehead, beard and back of neck.
If you accidentally get some in your eyes, then try to keep your eyes closed.
Because it will stink your eyes much less till the sting goes away.
While you are sleeping your eyes are closed anyway.
The first couple of weeks you might experience more dandruff as some of the mites, who weren't in deep enough hiding, comes out to the surface to die along with debris from your pores as some move out.
When you wake up in the morning, brush your hair out some.
I'd continue this regiment nightly for 2 months. At this point you probably have removed as many mites as possible and should discontinue this regiment.
If you see some kind of good results then consider repeating this regiment annually to keep an over population at bay.

Fhrans

Reaction score
Word of advice / shared experience.

I've followed these forums for 10 years, popping in every now and then to check if there's something new.
I've had a similar experience, same problem at 20. At 25 i was NW5, now NW6. Tried minoxidil/finasteride for 1y, wasn't great. Felt like finasteride affected libido, but might have been low mood. I'd say at 28/29 I "accepted" it. Though this will always bother you a bit. At 30 it doesn't matter that much anymore.
Get your positive experience from something other than your looks.

Havent completely shaved (I did for a year at 25).
I decided not to get FUT/FUE because of scarring. It was a great decision - I'm posting because who ever reads this, at least go for FUE rather that FUT! I'd never take that scar being in 30s. You will grow tired of taking pills and applying topicals at one point. Just leave it and put your focus on things you love, be great at what you do and people will want to be around you!

Everyone has insecurities. For bald guys, baldness is the easiest negative to focus on. Don't worry. If you had a full head of hair, you'd be worrying about something else.

Think twice before making irreversible decisions.
All the best!