2 Weeks Into Propecia Finisteride And Developing Gynocomastia

JJM93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Propecia Finisteride 1mg for 15 days and have noticed small lumps around nipple area... I am 99% sure that this is early stages of ginocomastia.

I want to know weather there is a way to counter act the gynocomastia, possibly through medication such as letrozole? I have read on a forum on here somewhere that Letrozole can stop the gynocomastia, and you can continue use of Propecia... As I am desperate to stay on finisteride as it seems the only hope of keeping my hair!?

Also, does the development of gynocomastia cease once you have come off the use of finisteride? Or will it continue to grow?

Please help,

Thanks

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try using a low dose of an aromatase inhibitor and work your way up, finasteride supposedly raises free test and estrogen by ~15% each

The development of gyno should go away once you stop finasteride, because test will be converted to DHT again instead of estrogen

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't developed lumps but my nipples have enlarged and I have fat infiltration around the nipple area, only noticeable when I'm shirtless. Which is why I moved to finasteride topical and soon going to ditch it altogether.

And based on my experience it only continues to get worse when you take it further. I am unaware if it will stop once you quit but my advice would be to seek alternatives before you have to get surgery.