2% Rogaine Solution for almost a year.

tpunter

Reaction score
Hey all,

I need your support.

But first here's my hair loss story.

I first started losing hair at the age of 19, at least noticeable. I am now 22 almost 23 and have been on Rogaine 2% liquid (as I live in Canada) since April 2011. It's been a battle. At times I know things have changed, based on photographs, but at other times, I can swear it's thin again. Thin, thick, thin, etc. I'm sure many have been there.

Lately though, I'll be losing 10+ hairs every time I run my hands through my hair, and it will not stop. I used to have to firmly tug to lose hair after the initial Rogaine shred. I've read through forums about the 1 year shred on Rogaine. Is this possibly it? I'm worried because my progress has been well. Is it stress? Diet?

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding is normal,it doesnt mean you loose hair...what about finasteride? and what about replacing 2% minoxidil with 5 %? what about S5 cream or adding nizoral? think about it .. ;) And remember,as i said shedding is normal,dont count hairs...the most important thing is : in what condition your hair will be back,after the shedding...shedding will not last forever remember it,it will be over after some time..and the most important is in what condition your hairs that fallen out will be back.. i am very sorry for my bad english,and my bad explanation but it's not my native language,cheers.

hydrocynus

Reaction score
I think that before you push people to use finasteride, you should mention the side effects. Be sure you read the horror stories and consult a doctor as well as get your initial hormonal level if you wanna be on finasteride.

I am off the medication now and I am very happy that I did stop using this hormonal treatment.

my 0.02

tpunter

Reaction score
Thank you for your input on various different treatments!

I might consider switching to 5% except in Canada it requires a prescription. What are your real life experiences with 5%? Has anyone had experience with both doses?

Swopo

Reaction score
I had success with 2% and I have with 5%. Just get a prescription or order online. I agree with Rago... start thinking about finasteride when everything else doesn't work for you