2 quick questions

ASUknowit18

Reaction score
First off, I have been reading that some people experience "gyno" while on Propecia. Is there a certain percentage number of people that experience this? I am taking Propecia strictly for maintenence, I really don't "need" it, so I don't want to be sure that doesn't happen to me.

Second, I am 21 and have quite a few grey hairs (my family went grey pretty early, I have been getting them since I was about 14). Does that have anything do with hair thinning or falling out? In other words, if your hair goes grey, (especially early), are they less susceptable to fall out?

Third, does anyone percentage as to how many people "shed" while on Propecia? When I shower, I notice about 7-10 hairs fall out, and then when I actually "do" my hair, about 5 more. I know that regular maintenence is about 50-100, so I am not that concerned. But will Propecia CAUSE me to shed? If I do shed, had I not of "shed" if I wasn't on it?

Any help on these quesitons greatly appriciated. I get kind of freaked out every time I read this board.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
There's not going to be any % for either....Gyno was added to the Merck literature as a post marketing finding. Meaning after they realeased the drug people started to complain about breast enlargement and sensitivity enough to where they had to add it in somewhere.

Don't know about the grey hair thing

As for the shedding....Some people do and some don't. Shedding is normal even when not taking Propecia. It's part of the hair life cycle. Click on the little blue links that say shed to get more info on the subject.