2 Months on finasteride

Atlas

Reaction score
Well, yesterday I finished up my 2nd month on finasteride. Things have gone from bad to worse. When I started out taking propecia I had a thin spot that was barely noticeable, now it has morphed in to what seems to be a patch of really thin (vellus) hairs, that looks like a rather large bald spot. The rapidness of the loss makes me hold out hope that this was a shed, but 2 months would be kind of a long shed. I plan to stick with propecia for at least 8 months...

Has anyone else gone from bad to worse and rebounded?

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Calm down, it's not unusual to go from bad to worse at first.
I am nine months on propecia and only very recently i have started to feel a little more positive. Before i started with my regimen (finasteride+nizoral), i had some thinning on the vertex but barely any receeding.
After using propecia for six months, my hairline had receeded quite a bit and i began to feel like propecia wasn't working for me. Also, i had (and still have) quite a lot of shedding.
Can't be too careful with jumping into conclusions, but right now i got the feeling that things are settling down. My hairline seems to remain stable now, and the diffusuly thinning hair on the vertex looks to have improved a little.
I seem to be a very slow responder to propecia, if i respond at all: maybe the drug is only slowing down the balding process.
It's a good plan to stick to propecia for at least nine months or a year to really see what is happening. Afterwards, you might decide to switch to dutasteride or to add a topical or so to your regiment.
Good luck!