2 months in

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I am two months in on dutasteride. My hair has thinned the f*** out during these two months, can't believe it really.

It is known that when you start a new treatment that you shed and it could actually be a good sign, but this sh*t is just scaring the f*** out of me.

How far will it go, will i ever get it back!!!!

SShit just sucks right now and I wonder if it is really the right choice for me to be on dutasteride.

Does anyone have any words of encouragement for me? I am feeling like total sh*t right now, really f*****g awful, don't know what to do, or who to turn to.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
ahh yeah Jayman come on!!!

I feel better today anyway, thanks! Right on! Rock it.

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
i've been on dutasteride for 2 months also and my hairline is starting to fill in. Hope thats somewhat encouraging.

G

well, here's the pep talk kiddo.

it's temporary. you'll get your hair back. and if you don't, you would have lost it anyway and its not because of dutasteride. dutasteride doesn't cause hair loss. i really do think at minimum most of what you shed will grow back, but if some doesnt, you werent meant to have it.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jayman, you're a catch.

It is ridiculous that I even posted something about my situation.. it is so obviously an initial shed from starting a treatment. I am hopeful that things will be looking up in the coming months.

Rock on!!!!!

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mine did also.. actually in the past week it started thickening up. my g/f has really noticed it to. and its been almost 3 months now.

mcozzy

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, Blueshard. I'm almost 2 months in and I can't believe how much hair I've lost since starting the Avodart. I really hope it grow back cause this sucks.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
some say that it is a sign that it works. I think it is gonna work.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone else out there in the early months with dutasteride and shedding?

AlphaMike

Reaction score
Yeah, I switched from Propecia about 2.5 months ago. I've been shedding ever since I started. My hair is getting thinner by the day. Im thinking about going back to Propecia. Has anyone gone from Propecia to Avodart and seen lots of shedding. Sick and tired of the S%^t!

AlphaMike

Reaction score
Yeah, I switched from Propecia about 2.5 months ago. I've been shedding ever since I started. My hair is getting thinner by the day. Im thinking about going back to Propecia. Has anyone gone from Propecia to Avodart and seen lots of shedding. Sick and tired of the S%^t!

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that the best thing to do is stay our course. It is normal to shed in the early months. I mean, we know this... but we are just being paranoid.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, stay the course fellas. I hit a shed somewhere around the 2/3 month mark that lasted over 4 weeks. It took me well below baseline and it was very discouraging, so i know how you feel. I am now approaching 4 months and I can see that things are beginning to recover. It seems that most people on dutasteride will lose ground for a while before gaining any. I haven't heard of ANY long-term dutasteride users that have not experienced these sheds.