1st month shedding! should i stop?

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
theres too much contradicting stuff on shedding..would somebody here please point out the difference between finasteride inducing a t.e ...or whether the shed is a good sign. how can you tell?..

its day 24 today, and i've been on 1/5 of a proscar. the shedding started by around the 10th day. and i'm losing at least over a hundred hair a day. if its a t.e induced by the finasteride should i stop? because i'm losing hair from the back of my head like anything, and this hair from the back seems really thin and weak.

i just carried out the pull test on the back of my head , towards the neck...i pulled 10 times..and out came 35 hair. at least 4-5 hair every single go. hair on the back is supposed to be in the safe zone, so i dont think this is a good sign that finasteride is working. i continue to lose hair as long as i pull.

to those people who shed because of finasteride, did you lose hair from the back and sides like crazy too?

and if its a finasteride induced t.e should i stop?..cause at this rate i wont have anything left within 2-3 months.

explife157

Reaction score
I think you suffer from T.E. by lowering DHT level suddenly. Some people here said that it needs some time for your body to balance your hormone. After that period, your can reverse your hairloss by finasteride.
Good luck to you!!!

A

Administrator

the_krush said:
theres too much contradicting stuff on shedding
Not really. There are a lot of people with a lot of wrong opinions. There is one solid message regarding Propecia shedding from the rest of us though: Ride it out. Period.

would somebody here please point out the difference between finasteride inducing a t.e ...or whether the shed is a good sign. how can you tell?
They are the same thing. And it doesn't matter. Both result in the same thing. Hair grows back either way. Either stronger and longer and healthier or the opposite. Stay on propecia through the shed and you'll get the former. Discontinue during the shed and you'll get the latter.

Admin

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
oh..so basically the t.e is what is seen as a good sign. thanks for clearing that out.

i guess the only person for whom this would be harmful is somebody whos suffering from t.e to begin with.

criminalvoice

Reaction score
same sheding

Im just like u
Im using proscar for 1 month
and Im sheding
alot of hair
from my back sides and top of my head I think
what ll u do ? ll u continue to use or give it up?
I think I ll continue..

Reaction score
like my other post i too am pulling out hairs form the sides and back. although they seem to be very weak and thin looking which says that the hairs from the back and sides have been thinning for sometime. i know it takes maybe years or months for a single ahir to go from thick to thin.