1ml minoxodil enough for diffuse thinning?

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Is a 1ml dose of minoxodil enough for the entire crown and vertex area, or should you use a higher dose since the area being treated is so large?

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
If you can cover the area then yes. Some ppls noggin is bigger than others I say.

Personally I use anywhere from 1ml to 1.5ml at night for my scalp as I have diffused thinning and a lot will get wasted in the hair.

I try to stick to the 1ml in the morning however.

Biggest thing to worry about though when using more than 1ml isnt so much the Minoxidil but the added amount of PPG and Alcohol can cause some inflammation of the scalp for those with sensitive skin.

imgannakeepit

Reaction score
sorry to sound a bit noobish but

Do i rub it in with my fingers or just let it drip? I have been using my fingers but am just wondering if its wasting it on my fingers

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
I use my fingers to spead out the minoxidil to cover the area I want to cover, then I wash my hands, that's all!

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
imgannakeepit said:
sorry to sound a bit noobish but

Do i rub it in with my fingers or just let it drip? I have been using my fingers but am just wondering if its wasting it on my fingers

I use my fingers to move the solution around but mainly to prevent it from running. You do not need to rub it in.