1ml dose per spot or whole scalp?

buscade

Reaction score
Hello

Using the Regaine Topical Solution 5% Extra Strength

The instructions says "4. After aiming the pump toward the center of the bald area of the scalp, press the pump once and spread REGAINEâ„¢ with finger tips to cover all of the bald area. Repeat for a total of 6 times, to apply a dose of 1 ml of solution."

I do have 3 spots to cover, two at the front "right" "left" and "the crown".
So does it mean that I am supposed to spray 6 times 1 ml separate dose for each of the 3 spots? which would be a 3 ml dose.
Or
A 1 ml dose is intended for the whole scalp and just spread all over?

What I did yesterday was spraying 2 times for each spot 2+2+2=6 to complete the dose of 1 ml and repeating a total of 6 times according to the instructions. should I carry on with this method or it wouldn't be enough for each spot?

Note: My head is shaved, so I thought liquid would be better(couldn't find foam in local stores anyways, will have to order online and it will take 2 weeks - can't wait for now)

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
You probably want more than 1ml for the entire scalp. The 1 ml is only for the "vertex" in the back\top\crown area, a lot of people here use anywhere from 1.5 to 3 for their entire scalp.

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
Suppose for the top of the scalp, but people tend to use more than 1ml in order to cover the whole area. I guess I use 1ml to 1.5ml for the top of the scalp twice daily.I also read people use more than 1ml per application, 1.5ml to 4 ml , claimed to have better regrowth than just 1ml.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
Anyone know of a min based in something besides alcohol, something moisturizing?

The best we have is either the rogaine foam or the PPG free stuff, but that still has alcohol in it. The problem is you can't get good absorption if you put the minoxidil in anything else. I think Brian has commented on this a few times.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
rwhairlosstalk said:
Anyone know of a min based in something besides alcohol, something moisturizing?

The best we have is either the rogaine foam or the PPG free stuff, but that still has alcohol in it. The problem is you can't get good absorption if you put the minoxidil in anything else. I think Brian has commented on this a few times.

Wow thats sad. That with PPG is better. But I think that to is drying. I think the Walmart version of Rogaine has PPG and it was still drying.

I see on the web site gen hair, they have a Minoxidil cream, just like the topical spironolactone cream. I wonder if that is effective.