19 yr old considering rogaine. Diffuse thinner.

Devi09

Reaction score
Hey I'm 19 years old and a diffuse thinner. I used generic propecia for about a year but didn't really see any results. I'm now considering rogaine but scattered across the forums I hear that it may cause you to loss more hair then gain. Just looking for consultation on what to do?

Mike195

Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm 23 and I also have diffuse thinning. At a time I used romaine liquid, and it was an absolute pain. If your a diffuse thinner then you will want to apply it to your entire head, witch made my hair look terrible, so I only used it at night and eventually stopped. I also used to take propecia and even dutasteride after a while but eventually stopped. I currently have low testosterone levels and I suspect that my prior use of finasteride/dutasteride may have has something to do with it.

After using nothing for a while I'm back ready to fight my hair loss but this time I'm trying shampoos I can lather over my entire head and let sit for 5-15 mins. I am about to experiment with a shampoo consisting of 2% Nizoral, spironolactone, and azelaic acid mixed together.

I found this on antoher forum:
-Order the Nizoral shampoo, 100mg tabs of spironolactone, and Azelaic Acid cream
-empty 50ml of the shampoo (one bottle) into a bowl, and microwave for 20 secs
-crush 1gram of the spironolactone tabs (1 package of the 100mg tabs) into a FINE powder, and mix into the warm shampoo.
-Microwave again for 20 secs
-add in 1 tube of the azelaic acid cream and stir
-microwave for 15 secs
-add in 50 more ml of shampoo
-wait a moment, then microwave again for another 15 seconds
-Stir

I can speak for it yet because I have not tried it for myself, but will be starting this addition to propecia.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Start now and stick with it. Only sides I have are dark circles under my eyes which kinda sucks. I will be looking into DNC-N as a replacement once I finish whats left. You should consider that as well.