19 Years Old And Not Sure On What To Do, Need Your Guys Help

Dangman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am 19 years old and to put it simply, hair loss has been stressing me awfully the last couple months. I recently visited a derm and he meant that i should wait for another 6 months and see if it will get worse or not. With his bare eye, he didn't notice any miniaturization beyond my current hairline, so he meant that it could be indeed just be a maturing hairline. I still feel as if my left temple feels thinner.

What i simply need is your guys input. Should i continue this mental suffering and stress for another six months or should i start medication?

Below you will see some photos of my hair.

The numbered files are pictures that i took today, while the ones with a month as a description are all from last year.

One thing i should note is, that i have very thick hair. I am more on the lucky side and thankfully don't have any diffused thinning or abnormal hair loss going on at the centre of my scalp or at the back of my head.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 386
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 397
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 361
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 352
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 365
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 376
  • december.jpg
    december.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 370
  • november.jpg
    november.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 342
  • october.jpg
    october.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 370

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would follow the derm's advice.
Good luck!

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks really good to me. With hair that good its impossible to say whether the process has begun or not. Just wait it out and try not to think about it.

Dangman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks really good to me. With hair that good its impossible to say whether the process has begun or not. Just wait it out and try not to think about it.

Thank you, but im sure that i had some hair loss around my corners. Back in the day my corners were almost excessively filled and now i lost most of these hairs and the shape has changed. I was doing my hair in a very specific way back in the day and it's not possible anymore.

The thing my derm said was more so about not stressing it too much for and just watching my process before jumping on medication, because as of now i dont even look close to balding thankfully. And exactly this waiting is hard for me. If i keep this hairline for many years to come, i wouldn't do sh*t, but if i know that it will progress much further, then i think i will start to use finasteride.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you, but im sure that i had some hair loss around my corners. Back in the day my corners were almost excessively filled and now i lost most of these hairs and the shape has changed. I was doing my hair in a very specific way back in the day and it's not possible anymore.

The thing my derm said was more so about not stressing it too much for and just watching my process before jumping on medication, because as of now i dont even look close to balding thankfully. And exactly this waiting is hard for me. If i keep this hairline for many years to come, i wouldn't do sh*t, but if i know that it will progress much further, then i think i will start to use finasteride.

yeah I know the feeling. It is why hairloss is such a b**ch even if its just mild because you don't want to get on hormone altering meds unless you really have to. I was in the same position at your age. Literally 19 years old when I first became aware of changes on my hairline. It wasn't until 26 I got on medication because it took that long for me to realize it had receded further. There is noway of knowing for sure I am afraid so all you can do is keep an eye on it. Regardless of what happens, what has happened to your temples is normal. It happens to the vast majority of caucasian men.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd think u have BDD

Dangman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got myself Proscar prescribed, but i haven't taken anything yet. I plan on getting a blood test on tuesday so that i can compare my DHT ad Test levels in some years. As for my hair, my left temple has been feeling thinner. Im not shedding much hair and most of the hair that will come out are those that i pull to see if anything will fall out or not. Nonethless im tired of being scared so i plan on taking finasteride after my blood test. I would be totally happy with keeping what i have for the next decade (if possible), but i won't lie, some horror stories of finasteride make me very scared, but the fact that i will have to take it for many years to come makes me even more discouraged.

Kris89

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dunno man, I don't see enough evidence to suggest finasteride at this stage. I think your dermatologist is correct, you should observe over the next 6 months and then make a move.

As for concerns about side effects. Decide whether you're gonna use it or not and then stop reading about it. Yes there are a percentage of people who have some side effects with the finasteride, but the majority don't. Nobody I know who takes it (including me) have ever had any problems. My doctor has only ever seen one person get sides and he stopped the drug and they were gone shortly after. All this said, just decide now whether you're going to use it or not WHEN THE TIME COMES. For now, just wait, see and know that if it does progress you'll be on it early enough to prevent any noticable loss. Due to your age, it's really better to just wait for now, as the professional said.

Dangman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dunno man, I don't see enough evidence to suggest finasteride at this stage. I think your dermatologist is correct, you should observe over the next 6 months and then make a move.

As for concerns about side effects. Decide whether you're gonna use it or not and then stop reading about it. Yes there are a percentage of people who have some side effects with the finasteride, but the majority don't. Nobody I know who takes it (including me) have ever had any problems. My doctor has only ever seen one person get sides and he stopped the drug and they were gone shortly after. All this said, just decide now whether you're going to use it or not WHEN THE TIME COMES. For now, just wait, see and know that if it does progress you'll be on it early enough to prevent any noticable loss. Due to your age, it's really better to just wait for now, as the professional said.

Thank you for your response. The problem is, i keep continiously losing hair on my left temple. which just keeps on worrying me. To be honest, my worries aren't even that big anymore when it comes to side effects. I looked through many studies including those for Proscar in which 5mg was used every day and getting sides is simply a very low risk considering how not important DHT is after puberty.

My dilemma moreso comes from the fact that im only 19 and i don't want to lose further hair, but starting at this age feels just so hard.

Also when compared to older pictures i definitely lost a good amount of my temple hair, although nobody even would consider me losing hair with the hair i have right now. Thickness, volume and my hairline is not bad, but im sure that it will thin beyond my current hairline. At least it seems so for my left temple

Dangman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took my first quarter tablet of proscar yesterday and i already have watery semen lmaooo

Nonethless i was warned about this, so im not worried. From what i gathered a 20% in semen reduction was happens anyways due to inhibiting DHT.