19 and depressed

jsmith19

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new on here. I just noticed my hair thinning and receding about 6 months ago, and I've lost a lot of hair since then. I started taking propecia 2 months ago, and also bought procerin and advecia. I use the lasercomb 3 times a week (past 2 weeks), and also invested even more money on tricomin. As you can see I'm willing to do whatever it takes not to go bald. I think its too early to tell with these treatements so far, but I'm afraid that propecia wont work for me becuase my uncle is completely bald and thats probably where im headed. Does the degree of baldness you were destined to be before taking propecia impact its effectiveness? For example, would it work for a person that has hair still, but would lose all his hair without the interference of propecia? If it does not i would have to replace it with dutasteride or use both becuase at this point i really do not care about side effects.

Thank you all.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, I understand your pain; we all know how painful losing our hair can be. But I wouldn't necessarily use your uncle as the archetype for your potential baldness. My father and uncle have pretty good full heads of hair for their age, but for for me, I lost hair rapidly after hitting 27. As far as Propecia's efficacy in relation to your predestined degree of baldness, I don't think it would matter too much. This is why people say to get started of a hair regiment early. Of course, this is not to say that if you start taking Propecia when you have a full head of hair that you can keep that same kind of hair density indefinitely-- maybe in your 60s, for example. I don't think anything can do that. But I think you're doing the right thing in getting started with propecia, but did you go see a doctor first. Could anything else be causing your hair loss--crash diet, nutritional deficiencies, allergic reactions, scalp problems, etc? If not, try not to panic too much and give Propecia a chance to work.

BTW what about minoxidil and Nizoral? This would encompass the "big 3" which would probably give you the best chance for success.

Britannia

Reaction score
Im 21 and in pretty much the same situation as you. Im about to start a combination of Propecia and Nizoral. Ive done a lot of research and it seems tricomin has very few success stories and the science backing it up is very weak. I can tell you for a fact procerin is a scam, so stop this right now. There are only 3 proven treatments for male pattern baldness which are propecia (finasteride), Minoxidil and Nizoral. My advice is starting using these products, the fact that your uncle is completely bald DOES NOT mean that treatment for male pattern baldness is any less likely to work for you.

jeffsss

Reaction score
furthermore, did your uncle ever try any treatments for male pattern baldness? my guess is probabaly not. treatments wernt out when he was balding.

so there is a little more hope for you than there was for him. just try to hold on to what you've got! that's what all of our struggle is!!!!!!