18yo, receding temples, should I do big 3?

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm 18 years old and have recession in the temples. I show you pics. A year ago it was nearly straight, now it's receded like 2 centimeters on each corner. You can also see some miniaturization.
genetic info: dad with hair. both grandpas with hair, but my father's mother's father went bald in his 20s. My mother has the same hairline as I do right now in these pics

Should I go on the big 3? Should I use generic or name brands?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 2.33.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 2.33.30 AM.png
    577.2 KB · Views: 786
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 2.33.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 2.33.34 AM.png
    783.4 KB · Views: 1,496

superduperkyle

Reaction score
hey man

ur hair looks much better than mine atm (im also 18). Id probably wait it out to see if it starts getting any worse before starting any treatment. It could possibly just be a mature hairlone developing

Reaction score
Thanks you, it is a little calming to know.

But I cannot help but notice those hairs on my keyboard when I work, or some on my pillow after resting. I also see miniaturization in the hairline. A lot of little hairs, a lot shorter than the hairs on other parts of my scalp. And I also sometimes get that ticklish sensation I have noticed others describe when they lose hair.

I cannot see any loss in the vertex right now but am worried it will soon start. I also get the ticklish sensation in the vertex. And I don't know if the hairs that fall are from my hairline or my vertex.

What would be your recommendations?

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
Can we trade hairlines and temples? And it wouldnt hurt to go on minoxidil if you are that concerned (though you may experience massive shedding in the first couple months), but your hairline looks intact--mine is slowly forming an island :(