18y and balding bad advice needed

zeddy

Reaction score
Hi guys i wanted to join the forum even before because of my hairline, i had thin hair to begin with, i am currently about n3, my hair hasn't receded that much but the hair on top is small so i thinned and lost hair on top, dandruff is also killing me this last time, seems i can't get rid of it, never went to derm, but my dad is legit nw3v at 45 altough he lost his hair at 20-22 he is just having extreme thin hair but didn't receded too much from his 20..,
it really sucks going to college with this kind of hair nothing worst,i don't know if i should try some pills like propecia but i heard some libido side effects which i don't want to risk, or dutastride same side effects, i may go for nizoral buying it maybe these days to try, it really kills my self esterm, people always ask why i got bald so early and other annoying questions,

what about hair transplant ? i saw some procedures in turkey about 1500 eur-1000, and i just need on top and a bit on temple, or should i go with propecia ?, i could pull 1000 eur working this summer , i don't care if i go bald later i just want to have a nice hair to like 25 after i don't care,its really sucks worst things that can happen to a man,

what can you advice me guys please ?

Thanks

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
youre joking right? get on finasteride and dutasteride quickly as possible. you are 18 and a NW3 you are destined for norwood hell before your 20s. forget a hair transplant get on the anti androgens to maintain what you have.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
No hair transplant surgeon worth his salt will EVER perform a transplant unless you've been on finasteride for at least a year or two. You can transplant 1000-1500 hairs from the back to the top if you like (and if you have a good donor zone, but without finasteride, all the non transplanted hair will eventually fall out and you'll be left with thin patchy hair here and there and it will look terrible.. Worse than a shaved head. There was a guy here a while back who was quite bald and he got a1500 graft transplant... It looked awful I'm sorry to say.

If you want to fight hairloss in any capacity, finasteride is part of your regimen. You need finasteride to maximise your hair prior to transplant, reducing the number of follicles needed for good coverage. And without finasteride, the rest of your hair will fall out and you head/scalp will look terrible.

There's no avoiding it you can choose to accept baldness or fight it. If you fight it, then finasteride is the most important treatment, without it, your hair prospects are poor.

Ryukil

Banned
Reaction score
Why don't you post some pics dude? I've seen guys saying they are NW3 when they are really NW2 or less..

PhillyCarter

Banned
Reaction score
I suggest you stay far away from the pills. They have crazy side effects and you are WAY too young to risk it. You are probably just in the beginning stages of hair loss and you should probably stick to a ketoconazole shampoo. It will help with the dandruff too. Use a thickening conditioner after that to offset the thin hair. Try that for a couple months and go from there. No need to go to extremes dude, you're still young.

TinTin

Reaction score
I agree with Ryukil and Philly. You should post pix because you may be over exaggerating your hair loss. Also, I would stay away from the pills. You are far too young to risk your sex drive. Just get a buzz cut, use the shampoo and invest in some form of Min. It has no sexual or major side effects and it could help.

zeddy

Reaction score
there you go, what do you think about it ?

Attachments

• 1391897781603.jpg
    1391897781603.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 1391897871698.jpg
    1391897871698.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 1391897947474.jpg
    1391897947474.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 251

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Picture quality is bad. Did you style your hair in these pictures? You seem to have a big forehead but it really is hard to tell if you are losing hair from the pictures provided..

zeddy

Reaction score
i am losing my hair, i have been having this same recession since 14... yes i styled my hair in these picture, i am having a bit bigger forehead, could i pull this style isn't it that much obvious that i am balding ? i can't take better picture my phone sucks so bad,
i am still guessing that i am nw3 i am going to buy minoxidil and nizoral i think there is not that much risk

zeddy

Reaction score
i am not guessing i am sure that i am nw3, because i have token my hair from my father who is having almost identical hairline, he is in his 45 still having nw3 vertex but thinning all over

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Treating your scalp/ dandruff issue(s) routinely with 1and2% Nizoral is a good start. After you thoroughly lather it into your scalp leave it in for at least 5 minutes ,if you can manage this , for more reliable absorption. Apply it 2-3X per week. Ultimately you will know whether your hair loss is real or not; there is no question that your anxiety is real. Be at peace for you seem to have a really good base line and this coupled with your initiative and ability to seek resolution just might lead to another triumph story. Keep sharing and best wishes .

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
You're not a NW3. You may have slight recession at the temples (hard to see with your pictures), that's it. Maybe take closer pictures with your hand parting your hair and people can give a better assessment.

Take finasteride and minoxidil if you want to keep your hair, if you are in fact balding. Consult your GP.

You will care about being bald at 25. 100%.