18 Years Old with Male Pattern Baldness, Extremely Depressed!

lifewithouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, ive been loosing hair ever since i was 17 which was last year, at first it was minimal but now ive realised that it has been slowly progressing over the couple of months especially at the crown area. it started when one day after a haircut a couple of my friends told me that my hair was weird and thinner at the back , i continued to monitor this and realised that i was shedding a lot and it ws only getting worse and more people started noticing it

My hair has become a bit thin on top as well as a little of recession on the hairlines...male pattern baldness runs in my mothers side of the family with my grandfather and uncle both bald.
im currently using minoxidil 2% and follihair vitamins, im seriously thinking of using propecia in the future.

neways i guess im in the shedding phase of minoxidil and so far i feel like my hair loss is only becoming worse, i wonder if im destined to become bald or its just my paranoia and anxiety taking over me...i feel so betrayed my life right now.. here are some pics...

your opinions or advice will be highly valued.. sorry to be a bother..

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
I started losing my hair at about 17 (damn, half my life now!) and remember going through the same thing that you're goign through. I waited too long to do anything about it. I started treating it when i was about 26. For what its worth, treatments have maintained and improved what I had for 10 years now to the point of me being able to live without worrying about it (most of the time.) If I could give my 17 year old self some advice, it would be DO NOT WASTE the best years of your life obsessing about hairloss. No one cares, and from your pics, no one can tell.

J.Harrison

Reaction score
If I could give my 17 year old self some advice, it would be DO NOT WASTE the best years of your life obsessing about hairloss.

++1. Get on finasteride and minoxidil and forget about it.

lifewithouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
thnx alot guys, im starting on both treatments.. finasteride 1mg and min 2 percent...hopefully ill grow some hair back and maintain what i have..