18 years old-need help hair falling out

tech96

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am 18 years old and recently I noticed that my hair was thinning.I have about 30 hairloss per day.Also,baldness runs in my mom's family,but not my dad's.

Also,is masturbation somehow linked to hairfall?

I have heard that 30 is normal,but I can see a sort of bald spot at the back of my head(pic below),and that's disturbing me.Also,there is a sort of a white bulb at the end of every fallen hair.(don't know what it means).

So should I worry about this?Thanks in advance.

IMG_0030.jpg

7OON

Reaction score
Well I'll tell you masturbation is not linked to hair fall. Just like it isn't linked to blindness or any of that crap.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Masturbation isn't the cause.
That white bulb is just hair follicle cells, it's normal, don't worry about it.
30 a day is low for hair fall.
It's not so much hair falling out that's the issue as it is miniaturisation and lack of regrowth.
Your hair does look thin at the vertex, it could be male pattern baldness.

The treatment for male pattern baldness is 1 mg Finasteride and 4% minoxidil once-twice a day.
Get a prescription for proscar 5 mg, cut into quarters, take one a day. If you get side effects then stop taking it.
Your doctor may be hesitant to prescribe you finasteride when you're only 18 and haven't finished your development, finasteride affects the levels of testosterone and the more potent dihydrotesosterone in your body.
Best of luck!