18 years old. From "WOW your hair is really nice" to "are you loosing hair bro" :/

Ismaelzaylaa

Reaction score
I am 18 years old. For a good 8 months I grew my hair (it used to grow fast) and I used to gel my hair all back. Like excessive amounts of gel. I read that gel can cause hair loss so I cut my hair to about finger thickness. I had ALOT of dandruff and when I shower I noticed I lost a lot of hair. When I wake up there is hair on my pillow. When I comb my hair, at least 5 strands fall out at a time.

I saw a doctor and I had a blood test to check my iron levels.

1. I started showering with cold water.
2. Dandruff shampoo is helping the dandruff.
3. My iron levels seem to be fine.
4. I also shower with Johnson's baby shampoo (doctor told me too)

BUT ALOT OF HAIR IS FALLING OUT.
If I take pics with the flash on or under a light bulb, it seems every other hair is missing. Also Seems to be only on top of hair not sides.

Plz someone help me :(

Reaction score
Same here bro, i'm also 18 and it's even worse for me. all my hair is very thin, top , sides, crown, EVERYWHERE. I lose like 60 hairs in the shower at least, you know what I think is causing it? i think its the jacking off that causes it hahahhaa, call me crazy but thats what i think. try to not masturbate for 2 weeks and see what happens, maybe we will shed less, i've been off for 3 days 0.0

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you Asian then because Asian people suffer from thinning all over.
We'll you didn't say what the doctor said but from what I can tell you have aggressive male pattern baldness.
You could be a cue ball in a year, happens to the best of us

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
its probably male pattern baldness like 99% of male hair loss. None of that stuff is going to help your hair if it is male pattern baldness. If it is male pattern baldness you will want to start finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily

and that guy said it is masturbating that is causing his hairloss. absolutely ****ing retarded

99% of male hair loss is male pattern baldness. Losing your hair? Everyone seems to think its something else. just lol

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
zzzzz posted some good stuff. It's as simple as that.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
its probably male pattern baldness like 99% of male hair loss. None of that stuff is going to help your hair if it is male pattern baldness. If it is male pattern baldness you will want to start finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily

and that guy said it is masturbating that is causing his hairloss. absolutely ****ing retarded

99% of male hair loss is male pattern baldness. Losing your hair? Everyone seems to think its something else. just lol

Although I agree with most of this statement. Be careful not so rush into taking anti-androgen like ZZZZZ recommends. They are risky and contain side effects, so see a professional.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you Asian then because Asian people suffer from thinning all over.
what a beautiful generalisation . . . mindblown!!

- - - Updated - - -

lol. sayifdoit plz neg me once again.It gives me immense joy to see your ways of reaction which are both juvenile and pitiful.