18 month update

Headache

Reaction score
Hey Guys...just wanted to give you a progress report after a year and a half on the Big 3.

Maintaining in the crown area, but the hairline has taken a real hit. I've gone through the occasional shed over the process, but nothing too crazy. I must admit that I'm a little down. I've mentioned before that I work as a TV reporter. Well, I was looking through some file video of a story I did last year, and it's clear my hairline is struggling. I've also taken pictures over the last year, and it's gotten worse up front. I've showed them to my wife, and she agrees.

All this said, I'm not ready to quit. I'm in a position where I can afford a hair transplant, but I just hate the thought of getting one. I'm holding out hope things will improve.

Good luck to all in this battle!

PS- I've had occasional side effects like softer erections and pimples around the forehead, but it's always gone away in time.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
then i suggest you go on dutasteride

i began takin dutasteride from yesterday onwards.

i am only 20 yrz old and am too young to be going bald. i dont care about the side-effects, coz i'd rather die than be bald!

Britannia

Reaction score
noorur, your regeime seems quite odd. You take more than the recommended dosage of finasteride, so your clearly a beleiver in meds, but you also use an unproven product such as revivogen. Ive not heard any success stories about this product whatsoever (correct me if Im wrong guys) and the science behind it is very weak.
Before taking duts why not try the big three? You know Finasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral. Loads and loads of people are having success with this combo, why not give them a try first?

jeffsss

Reaction score
i also don't forsee any problems with my hair except a thinning and receeding hair line.

it's really frusterating...

what options for transplants have you looked at?? i'm really considering doing one also..

Headache

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
i also don't forsee any problems with my hair except a thinning and receeding hair line.

it's really frusterating...

what options for transplants have you looked at?? i'm really considering doing one also..

It's a big decision! Once you have a transplant, it's almost a given that you'll have to have another one at some point.

I've learned a lot at hairtransplantnetwork.com (not trying to plug another website, but it has some good links)

You can also talk to other people on this website who have had transplants already. I strongly believe that meds is the way to go before making that big of a decision. I'm at 18 months, but I'm giving it at least 2 full years.

Good Luck!