17 years old, start rogaine foam?

bboyninja

Reaction score
hey, i am 17 years old and i just started to see my temples reccede a little bit. i just wanted to know if i should start rogaine and maybe procepia. right now im just using H&S, but i know its not going to do anything.
my family has a history of male pattern baldness. My dad is 48 and is around a NW3 and my uncles are around the same place and all are recceders, they arent deffuse thinners.
right now i am physicaly active and have been eating foods with vitamins good for hair health.
any suggestions on what i should do is greatly appreciated. thanks

demo99

Reaction score
If I were you I would wait till I am 19 oder 20 years old. As a rule hair don't fall out in larger quantities in this age.

Before you try any medicament, you should ask your doctor.

regards
demo99

antonio666

Reaction score
your family history suggests that you will not go severly bald and your hairline receding is probably a mature hairline,if you have no diffuse thinng and the receding is not above a mature hairline no need to get on propecia or regaine.

from your highest crease on your forehead mearsure with 2 fingers at the temples and if your hairline at the temples is higher than this you are defintly balding

bboyninja

Reaction score
well it is past two fingers just by a little bit. i have a feeling its not just a maturing hairline. so should i start at least minoxidil. and nizoral??? or is it to early?