17 years old need help with hairloss

16andhairloss

Reaction score
Hi, im new to this forum, im 17 and long story short im losing hair, i think i have male pattern baldness, whenever i shower, rub or style my hair i notice hair falling out, it started when i was 14/15 but i didnt pay attention to it as i thought its normal to lose some hair but i quess i was wrong, now at 17 i have visited my gp regarding the issue who examined my hair and told my that my skalp skin is fine and so are my hair , we also talked about my father who is in his 40s and is already bald on top of his head and has just some hair on the sides and back of his head, he told my that it might be just early hair loss which happens to some guys and ordered me to have a blood test to test my iron and testosterone levels, 4 days i visited him again for more information based on the results of the blood test, according to the blood test everything is fine with me, everything is at the right level etc, the doctor told me that the hair is genetic and thats its my father fault not mine and there is nothing that can be done about it and he said that it would be "fighting the nature" he told me that only medicine he knows and can prescribe me is called Regaine but there is no evidance that its effective and that it works for some guys and for some it doesnt, that its a lotion which you apply on your scalp but its not funded by nhs and is very expensive, 20 pound for a tiny bottle, he told me that i should think about it and let him know. So i need advice from you guys what should i do.

I need advice from more experienced guys like you who have similar problems as mine so i joined the forum, i need advice how to fight the hair loss, what shampoo should i use and how often, right now i use just normal cheap shampoos and wash my hair everyday in the morning as my hair get realy greasy overnight, what drugs/medicine should i take and how cheaply as i dont have much money could i fight the hairloss as its better than doing nothing, i need help as im really concerned with this issue as im only 17 and its really affecting my self esteem, i would mostly aprreciate advice and help from people from UK as this is where i live.

I attached some pictures on how my hair looks right now, the hairline recession is clear, the temples are receeding, the right one is more receeded than the left one i dont know why, i havent notice any hair loss at the top of my hair yet.

front1 .jpgfront2.jpgleft.jpgright.jpgtop.jpg

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
when doctors help cure people with cancer are they fighting nature?

BS there is no proof rogaine/minoxidil works. It does not work for everyone but it works. I would not use minoxidil though.

The only thing you need is finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily. This has a 90% chance of maintaing what you have for years on it's own. You can also get nizoral 1% or 2% shampoo and use twice weekly (do NOT use it more than twice a week)

the cheapest way to take finasteride is to get proscar which are 5mg pills and a pill cutter and cut it into fourths and take a fourth daily. You can get it online or through a prescription from a dermatologist or hair transplant doctor. It can potentially be problematic if you are not done with puberty yet but if you are than it will be fine