17 Years Old And Already Started Balding?

bringmyhairback

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 17 years old and the last 5 months I've started to keep more attention to my hair. It all started as a joke, me and my friend talking about how his father already lost all his hair. We laughed together, and as the b**ch karma is, we both started to bald.

My hairline is still "normal", and I can't really see much of a difference. But my crown on the other hand is starting to thin out. Keep in mind I'm only 17 years old, and my puberty is also not finished.. since i have a rare condition called delayed puberty (and delayed skeleton age), about two years ago I got testosterone from the doctor to get my puberty started.

When I grab my hand through the crown I usually get 1-5 hairs in my fingers. The past weeks I feel like its getting worse and worse for every day that passes by.

What do you guys think by the pictures below? Am I balding? Also what do you suggest me to do. Keep in mind my puberty is not finished. Also I dont wanna risc my full height for my hair.... i've heard that rogaine shouldnt be used before you're a male.
But how is it about minoxidil? any sideeffects that can destroy my hormons etc? any other medicines that I should consider? or should i just hope for the best and leave it alone untill my puberty is finished. even though that's gonna take some years.....
would appericiate all the feedback and info as possible...
Thanks

Attachments

• 31 october.png
    31 october.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 308
  • may .png
    may .png
    168.7 KB · Views: 286

Dealing With It

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't judge on your condition however basing my judgement on the pictures it looks fine. Then again the black and white colour and the yellow highlight doesn't help.

Getting hairloss DURING puberty is normal.

1-5 hairs? Is that just once a day or if you keep doing it?

you can find side effects of minoxidil anywhere on "the google" or this fourm but no it doesn't destroy your hormones.

If your scalp is itchy, see a dematologist to get it checked out. They can assess your hairloss too

bringmyhairback

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't judge on your condition however basing my judgement on the pictures it looks fine. Then again the black and white colour and the yellow highlight doesn't help.

Getting hairloss DURING puberty is normal.

1-5 hairs? Is that just once a day or if you keep doing it?

you can find side effects of minoxidil anywhere on "the google" or this fourm but no it doesn't destroy your hormones.

If your scalp is itchy, see a dematologist to get it checked out. They can assess your hairloss too

1-5 hairs maybe once an hour. somtimes more tho, sometimes 0. but i dont do it at school etc, only when im at home :p
I'm pretty sure I will have a dematologist to have a look.
My main concern is that it minoxidil can screw up my growth and hormons etc etc

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those filters on your pics make it really hard to tell. Given your hair type (fine and blonde), your crown size doesn't look too unusual.