17 Year Old Male With Hair Loss - Is It Telogen Effluvium?

DrummerDude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a 17 year old guy and I'm sad to report that I am experiencing sudden and undeniable hair loss.

Some facts about me:
- I have long, lucious hair (like mid back)
- I have had long hair for over 8 years
- My brother started to lose his hair at age 16 and now has major male balding pattern at 23
- my dad started to lose his hair around age 30
- my mom and her side of the family has fantastic hair genetics

So I keep an eye on the amount of hair I shed, and it's always been within the normal amount (50-100 hairs per day). Suddenly for seemingly no reason about 2 weeks ago, I noticed the shedding start to increase, and today I counted roughly 250 hairs gone. The hair comes out primarily when I brush it or sometimes I just feel hairs on my arm and stuff.

I do have a receding hairline, but strangely it's legitimately been that way since I was 13 (I have solid photo evidence) so I think that's just my hair line.

I read something about a form of temporary hair loss around 6 months after you deal with major stress. About 6 months ago I went though a phase of major anxiety to the point of needing to get medical help - could this be it?

I'm basically panicking and starting to get anxiety again because my hair is very sentimental and important to me and I don't know what happened so suddenly or how to stop it.

Please be advised now that I am passionate about natural remedies and also getting to the root of the problem, not just treating the symptom.

Any knowledge is so appreciated

Corey89

My Regimen
Reaction score
A receding hairline isn't necessarily a sign of balding. It recedes some and then stops and never recedes again. It's just part of aging which you cannot stop. Lots of guys get this. Just look at some celebrities or TV personalities as examples. Mine has some years ago and stopped. Just take quarterly pictures of your hairline, make note of things, and most importantly take care of yourself with diet and exercise. Simple things which you can and should be doing anyway.

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not Telogen Effluvium, believe me. All recession are sign male pattern baldness. sometimes 30 years can stand on the same spot, sometimes sweeps everything in 2 years. Look your dad for mean this.