17 male, am i losing my hair?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need more pictures but you appear to be a NW1 on this side and no longer a NW0.

Take some from the front. Take some from each side. Like a direct profile view. With the hair pulled/combed back.

Here's a way to keep a check. Notice how the corner of your hair line seems to still be in front of your sideburns. That is NW1 territory. Kind of hard to show from this angle but I'll try.

If the corner of the purple lined up with the side burn that is typically a NW2ish. The blue is yours. It appears to still be infront of the sideburn. That is typically NW1ish. The red is pcould have been where your juvenile hair line was and is NW0. Some people though have a NW1 as a juvenile or even a NW2.

Also, if you did used to have the red line. The hair that would have been there could have been sparse and thinner. Doesn't necessarily mean it would have been a perfect dense line. Think about womens hair lines, kids, and yes plenty of men that have a full head but that part of their hair is thinner and/or shorter hairs.
[This is the best I can show from that angle. Hope it helps]
That's the best comment on HairLossTalk.com that I have ever seen. I argue this daily and I seem to get a lot of resistance or maybe less so disbelief.

1630180446642.png

Evil Ed from Fright Night. I kept feeling sorry for him not about being turned into a vampire or wolf but for that shitty, crappy hair line and he looked so young otherwise. I mentally link hair lines with known people so I often fire back with say, a picture of Christian Slater who had great hair for a long time except in front. Nicholson was similar but needed a transplant and Pacino's hair has held up completely. My feeling OP is that this is a pretty good type of baldness to have not so much in terms of looks because it can be quite noticeable but mild hairloss in the temples like you have might not progress or at least for a long time. It is also the least cosmetically significant and the fringe areas tend to stay high and remained juvenile/full head of hair-like. Temple hair loss, if it stops is what I call anchorman hair because it is still attractive and avuncular at the same time somehow. Many of the Big 4 channels have had newsmen with the part on the side with just a little recession.

Me? I am still going on the Big 3 in your situation because we had no treatments back in the day and maintenance might have been forever for me if I had had the option of Min/finasteride.

Here's Gary Hart who came close to getting the Democratic Nomination in 1984 the year that I went bald for an example of "news hair" but completely bald and gray now cause the reaper can come at any time apparently when we least suspect:

1630181291312.png

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow man thank you for the response i appreciate it. I will post more pictures if it helps. But basically you sre saying that its possible for hair to just be thinner in that area? Would you consider that balding? Also i never really had a NW0 such as what yku described with the red line.
No. You are neither bald nor balding with this hair but merely pre-balding with a respectable chance of having it halt there but it won't get better without treatment and usually first out hair in the temples is the hardest to ever coax back. I noticed all of this when my hair grew back and a huge amount of regrowth was in front of my ears towards the side burns and also the hair line. Now the temples are slowly improving. Your hair quality in the fringe is likely to never go down in quality in what hair you still have which is important to the viability of transplants as a restoration method. For some, results in your category of hair, are amazingly good and natural looking but we might only notice the bad ones.
Janey