17&hopeful's story - (17 years old (pictures))

17&hopeful

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently 17 and I've noticed excessive hair loss and a rising hairline since I was about 15. It wasn't until a recent haircut though, that I started to notice bald spots and then my friends started to notice them as well. This is obviously pretty traumatic for a 17 year old high schooler, or anyone for that matter. So basically I've came here for some support and knowledge from others who have/are going through the same stuff, on how to fight baldness. Currently I'm not taking anything but I've been doing some basic research and I would just appreciate some feedback from REAL people.

photo.jpg

photocopy.jpg
photocopy3.jpg
photocopy2.jpg

Once again, I hope I'm not coming off as a self important dick or anything, I'd just really appreciate some help.

takenick

Reaction score
Re: 17 years old (pictures)

If I were you I would wear hats or buzz my head and lift weights to get as huge as possible. You're too young for treatments. I feel too young at 22.
For now you could just use Nizoral shampoo 2x a week and a good shampoo like Nioxin on other days.

waytooyoung

Reaction score
Re: 17 years old (pictures)

Mine started when i was 16-17 and my hairline is just like yours, I am 18 now. If you want some cheap safe options to start with I'd reccomend getting some Biotin pills, they are fairly cheap and should make ur hair abit thicker and grow faster if you want to cover it up more. Nizoral 2% shampoo would be good aswell. The riskier supplements are things like Finasteride (Propecia) and Minoxidil (Rogaine) that although are more proven to work (especially together) can have serious side effects. Hope this helped.

17&hopeful

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I just ordered Nioxin System 2 from Amazon so I'm gonna try it out for a month and hopefully post some positive results.