17 And Need Help Regarding Treatment

Receding Ryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I’m 17 and my hairline is beginning to recede (at the temples about a Norwood 2) and at the front of my head there is lots of thinning. I went to Belgravia centre and was told I was too young to take Finastride and was subsequently offered minoxidil but decided to turn them down as they offered a very extortionate fee for something which is available for far cheaper on the market. After, I did lots of research into the best minoxidil product and decided to go with Lipogaine largely because of the good reviews online. I also have decided to use dermarollers (0.25mm every other day and 1mm once per week). I started the regime 3 days ago and am yet to have faced any shedding, however I was left very surprised at how the lipogaine has left my hair looking sticky and awful after applying it in the morning despite my short haircut. I am contemplating using rogaine foam in the mornings and lipogaine with a derma roller at night, do people think this is a good idea or is combining two minoxidil products a recipe for disaster?
Cheers

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
is combining two minoxidil products a recipe for disaster?

Not at all. However you should know minoxidil is generally not as effective as finasteride in halting hair loss. You may want to try finasteride when you grow up.

melsayles

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience and from what I’ve read minoxidil works for about two years and then slowly stops working as good. I had a lot of success with it for two years. In four years I’ve lost about half of the hair I gained. Still better than what I was. However, it will halt it until you’re older and can use propecia. It’s easier to slow hairloss than it is to regrow it. It won’t hurt to use both products. But minoxidil has a half life of 22 hours so really only necessary once a day.