16 years old and have been losing hair for a couple of months.

Reaction score
hello guys! this is a relief to be telling my story to a lot of you guys that know where I am coming from. so I had recently left public school because I have been getting a lot of comments about me losing my hair, such as "do you have cancer?" "are you secretly 30?" and so forward. I also broke up with my girlfriend because I didn't want anybody making fun of her for dating some one that was losing their hair. I was a pretty popular guy and me losing my hair spread around quickly. I have spoken with my mom about taking me to the doctors office to speak with my personal doctor about getting "propecia" I am pretty excited about that. I have also purchased "rogain" and have used it a couple of times and only noticed that I was shedding but others said it was normal. so I was wondering if you guys have any tips? I REALLY want to keep my hair! also my father started losing his hair at my age.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
the world is truly a horrible place... 16 years old... you're a kid!!
i was 20 when i started losing hair and i'm a female.
i feel for you <3 hope you figure it out somehow <3 hugs <3

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's nothing fair about that. A 16 year old kid losing his hair due to mbp... At 16 you are still right in the middle of maturation and physical development, propecia could **** around with that... But you can't do nothing... Try topical spironolactone/S5 lotion, consider crushing up proscar pills in your minoxidil, or perhaps take a lower dose of proscar. A lot of people will tell you to do nothing, accept it. They're idiots and haven't done their research (most likely including your GP), you have options, including taking lower dosages of finasteride and topical treatments in conjunction with minoxidil. I have to wonder at your age if it can really be MBP though? Might there be another cause?

Reaction score
There's nothing fair about that. A 16 year old kid losing his hair due to mbp... At 16 you are still right in the middle of maturation and physical development, propecia could **** around with that... But you can't do nothing... Try topical spironolactone/S5 lotion, consider crushing up proscar pills in your minoxidil, or perhaps take a lower dose of proscar. A lot of people will tell you to do nothing, accept it. They're idiots and haven't done their research (most likely including your GP), you have options, including taking lower dosages of finasteride and topical treatments in conjunction with minoxidil. I have to wonder at your age if it can really be MBP though? Might there be another cause?
well at this point I would honestly do anything to grow my hair back, even if it would mess with my hormones my older brother Michael that lives with my dad has a full head of hair, which makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at all, do you know any other medication that could help? that doesn't take money out of my mom pockets? I have an appointment next week at the doctors and I could tell them about it?

- - - Updated - - -

the world is truly a horrible place... 16 years old... you're a kid!!
i was 20 when i started losing hair and i'm a female.
i feel for you <3 hope you figure it out somehow <3 hugs <3

thank you so much :)

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayden,

I hope it all works out for you man. I'm sad to hear you're suffering it so early. But don't go nuclear on your life just because of it.
If people comment on it just tell them that it's part of becoming an adult... which it literally is.

Maybe it'll help but try buzzing your head.

Good luck.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jayden, good luck to you. Getting on rogaine now is fine, but I'd wait a few years before finasteride because it could give you some serious sides at this point. Perhaps try a topical solution like S5 cream - that plus using Nizoral 2-3x a week could provide your hair some protection until you're old enough for finasteride.

Reaction score
hello guys! this is a relief to be telling my story to a lot of you guys that know where I am coming from. so I had recently left public school because I have been getting a lot of comments about me losing my hair, such as "do you have cancer?" "are you secretly 30?" and so forward. I also broke up with my girlfriend because I didn't want anybody making fun of her for dating some one that was losing their hair. I was a pretty popular guy and me losing my hair spread around quickly. I have spoken with my mom about taking me to the doctors office to speak with my personal doctor about getting "propecia" I am pretty excited about that. I have also purchased "rogain" and have used it a couple of times and only noticed that I was shedding but others said it was normal. so I was wondering if you guys have any tips? I REALLY want to keep my hair! also my father started losing his hair at my age.
and also could it be a hormonal inbalance? I was thinking because my grandpa has a full head of hair and so does my older brother on my dads side, (both of them are) that it could be that me and him didn't enough of what kept our hair? like tetostirone? however you spell that word, do you think if I get some pills that will increase that level that would help me a bunch with regrowing my hair?

effyouprostate

Reaction score
Jayden, good luck to you. Getting on rogaine now is fine, but I'd wait a few years before finasteride because it could give you some serious sides at this point. Perhaps try a topical solution like S5 cream - that plus using Nizoral 2-3x a week could provide your hair some protection until you're old enough for finasteride.
Hi Jayden, we are all here to give you guidance. I agree with what he said. Try nizoral 1% (dandruff shampoo) and minodoxil but be careful about where you apply minodoxil because it can initiate a shedding phase and make your hair look worse at first, so try to keep it low on your hair line. Also start eating healthier such as less frozen dinner and beef (1-2 per week) and try to handle stress better with more self control. Everything will work out you just have to play your cards right and act now if it is actually male pattern baldness.

Reaction score
Hi Jayden, we are all here to give you guidance. I agree with what he said. Try nizoral 1% (dandruff shampoo) and minodoxil but be careful about where you apply minodoxil because it can initiate a shedding phase and make your hair look worse at first, so try to keep it low on your hair line. Also start eating healthier such as less frozen dinner and beef (1-2 per week) and try to handle stress better with more self control. Everything will work out you just have to play your cards right and act now if it is actually male pattern baldness.
what is male pattern baldness?

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness = Male Pattern Baldness