16 And Still Balding Since I Was 15

Apodote

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! Okay, currently I am 16 and my hair loss started when I was 15 around Feb. last year. An update? My hairline continues to recede rapidly, I don't think me stressing about it makes it any better, but I have came around to something...

I found this article, [http://www.jdmoyer.com/2015/04/13/hair/], in which a man regrew some of his hair with a massage technique. Me, being extremely skeptical at first didn't think anything of it, but then I found the source he posted about in his blog, [http://perfecthairhealth.com/], which shows exactly what happened--which I will get to in a little bit. Lastly, this last source he posted about in his blog was a scientific report about dutemescence therapy [DT], which shows you who, when, and how this works [http://omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.pdf].

Now for me? Well, near the end of Oct. of 2017, nine months after my hairline started to recede and diffusely thin I started DT in an act of desperation.

Optional To Read: So why did I start DT? Again in an act of desperation--I recently moved to a new town and I cut my hair fairly short in which previously I had it very long. It exposed my hairline and it made me sick for myself to see it, especially since after I moved and just turned 16 that you don't see a lot of minors balding. Hair symbolizes youth, and, well, I was losing it. After starting school, everyone that I talked to just stared at my hairline, and I mean STARE, it was horrible for me. Not only did it bother me that they were judging me, but it hurt even more that it was a constant reminder of my hair loss. Now ending on the second trimester, I have concealed my hairline by constantly wearing my hoodie and shaving my head completely with a razor to the scalp, in which my guardians and I talked to the social worker for an understanding that other adults do not have the authority to tell me to take off my hood anymore for mental reasons. I know right? I am going to be an adult and I'm acting like a pussy--apologies for profanity. They're are other factors that made me insecure for going to this new school, irrelevant though. Now, for those people who tell me just to accept it: While growing up I never had anyone to tell me to accept who I was at a very young age; I tried making my nose thinner when I was around 5, I started sucking in my cheeks to get a masculine physique around 11, self-harming myself and being in denial for realizing my sexuality, and now my hair--as you can infer adults around my life were absent. Now, my guardians made it much worse when they talked to the principle about my insecurity, making it much worse than it seems in which I have to act like it's much worse than it is (though my balding is getting pretty bad). Now I am starting therapy!! Conclusion: I am a very insecure person.

Now, what you have been wondering about: The Results. Well it says that the hair re-growing comes in about 5 months in, I am in month for and only doing the massage once a day [in which the article says two times is recommended], and only doing where my hairline had been receding, and trying my hardest to do it daily, I have missed a few days, but I try and make it up. After shaving my head before doing this experiment my head was very weirdly shaped--after about three months in of doing DT (at the end of Oct. is when I started DT), I let my hair grow out for 2 weeks before shaving it again at the end of Feb. and I was completely shocked. Any new hair? No, but something that I saw that was what the article said if you did the massaging regularly: the breaking down of [something I forgot? DHT accumulations in the scalp--correct me if I am wrong], in the scalp making my head shape different. As I was shaving my head I saw my head looked different, mainly where I have been massaging in, and I called in my guardian and she said it looked different as well. Also where I have been doing it is a lot more flexible and pliable than my crown area since I have been doing the massages. But I do think there is another underlying cause for my diffuse thinning, I will be getting a check-up so I will ask them if they can check my stress levels and see if that is a cause for it. In other words, DT may be working--yet, I don't want to seem like I have any optimence--for I do not. I am actually more worried because my hair is getting worse--but I head shape is different! And by different I mean it's smaller, like it is more flat in the front of my head. So that's something.

Conclusion: Can DT save my hair? I really don't know at this point, but it does or does not in a couple of more months I will being giving you guys an update. Something that I do know though, is that something is happening with my head shape and not my hair.

Pictures? I AM SO sorry, but unfortunately all my electronics [smartphone, the computer I am typing on], are extremely outdated so I couldn't even give you a quality photo for you to even get an idea of what I am talking about.

Believe me or not, I am not going to try and convince that something is happening with DT, I only say this because DT was introduced years ago and people bashed the idea because it was considered as a satire with no real proof.

Vincente

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried to massage your scalp to get the blood flowing?
My hairdresser told me "I think it was 5 years ago" that my hair was thinning at the top. I was terrified and asked him what to do, is there anything I could to prevent it?

He recommended me to massage my scalp as once a day to get the blood flowing to my scalp and I started doing that, massaging with my hands. I haven't lost my hair yet, it still looks pretty good I must say. I may be just got lucky or just maybe massage is they way to go.

Good luck

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairdresser told me "I think it was 5 years ago" that my hair was thinning at the top. I was terrified and asked him what to do, is there anything I could to prevent it?

He recommended me to massage my scalp as once a day to get the blood flowing to my scalp and I started doing that, massaging with my hands. I haven't lost my hair yet, it still looks pretty good I must say. I may be just got lucky or just maybe massage is they way to go.

Good luck

I hope this is a joke ... DHT is in the blood, so making more blood flowing into your scalp ... it might not be so bad, but DHT is still bad ...

Apodote

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope this is a joke ... DHT is in the blood, so making more blood flowing into your scalp ... it might not be so bad, but DHT is still bad ...
No quite, sure you raising more blood and more DHT to the scalp, but it's the deposits of [DHT I think] in which you are breaking down. Like I said in my article that the front portion of my scalp looks different and feels more pliable--it's because I think I am breaking down the accumulations.

Apodote

My Regimen
Reaction score

Good luck
May I ask, how hard your massage techniques are?

Apodote

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mind showing us your past and present condition?
I have been taking pictures with a Canon camera, which is extremely outdated, though I could try and give you a hint about what I am talking about in my head. I really do recommend you read the articles and sources I have offered you for they do go over the treatment and results very well. Shortly I will try and upload them to you, unfortunately, we all have different definitions of shortly, so not today. I know this entire article seems like a scam or a sponsor, but I assure you that it is not.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking pictures with a Canon camera, which is extremely outdated, though I could try and give you a hint about what I am talking about in my head. I really do recommend you read the articles and sources I have offered you for they do go over the treatment and results very well. Shortly I will try and upload them to you, unfortunately, we all have different definitions of shortly, so not today. I know this entire article seems like a scam or a sponsor, but I assure you that it is not.
Now where have I heard this "I sound like a scammer but I ain't" before??

Last edited: