16-18 year old comparison of receding sides

16AndWorried

Reaction score
Alright. I posted here in december 2011 when I had just turned 16. I was (as many others on here) afraid that I just might go bald because I had started noticing my sides receding. I'd consider myself a NW2.

These pics are from December 2011: Par.jpgPar2.jpg

As I said, I was worried at the time - so I consulted at dermatologist and he told me the safest thing to do would be to start on minoxidil. And in April 2012 I started and have been going at it ever since. At first I was worried that it might be a waste of time to start so early, and that I was already doomed with the genetics I possessed.

However! The minoxidil has for these past 20 months or so kept my hairline pretty much the same as it was when I turned 16, and I am now 18. I've lost maybe a millimeter or so on my left side, but the dermatologist said it might just be my hairline stabilizing into a mature one.

Here is a frontal pic from yesterday: bild 1.jpg

What do you guys think? Will my hairline remain this way for another two years when I'm 20? Was it in fact a mature hairline from the start?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people have a naturally high hairline. I think I was born a norwood 2! That said, I think you will experience male pattern baldness throughout your 20s, your hairline definitely has a look of male pattern baldness starting with temporal recession. I don't think this is just a mature hairline...

16AndWorried

Reaction score
Well, it's been two years without any additional recession and according to my parents I've always had moderately high temples. I think I'll be fine if I stay on minoxidil. Sorry to hear about you having to start out with a NW2. I'll see you in two years!