15% minoxidil - Azelaic acid 5% from Perfect hair Solutions

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
After 8 years on regaine 5% and perfect maintenance with it, I am thinking of switching to this product, just in case I have any regrowth on vertex. Any thoughts on that? Is it true you may have serious shedding with it? Thanks

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive seen thier product on ebay and amazon. I personally have not use it as they dont state the make up of their solution.

It looks to just be a copy of Dr Lee's formula though how much PPG and Alcohols is not listed or any other ingredients. Plus I dont really trust a manufacturer that promotes its products on ebay to be honest. Plus they offer the same application instructions for all there products regardless of strength and then state its ok to wash off after 30 min.

You will most likely experience some what of a shed with the higher increase of Minoxidil. If you read the Sticky in the Shedding section of the form there is a very good write up copied from Dr Lee about shedding and increase of Minoxidil.

Personally if I was going to make the increase of Minoxidil with or with out Azelaic acid I would go with a reputable source with years experience and go with Dr Lee. His consultation is just a simple one page quetionare and it only cost $10 now and its good for life. www.minoxidil.com

Plus the cost difference between this company and Dr Lee is very little and you will always have Dr Lee to answer any of your questions vs who knows what with this company.

DasFox

Reaction score
I just bought a bottle of 5% minoxidil - Azelaic acid 5% from Perfect hair Solutions myself.

Oh well it wasn't that expensive $18, but hey minoxidil.com, I should of had the sense to check it out, being a computer geek, LOL...

I'll be buying there next.

THANKS

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
DasFox said:
I just bought a bottle of 5% minoxidil - Azelaic acid 5% from Perfect hair Solutions myself.

Oh well it wasn't that expensive $18, but hey minoxidil.com, I should of had the sense to check it out, being a computer geek, LOL...

THANKS

Also check out his regular 5% for morning application. Its awesome if you style your hair or have some what longer hair as it isn't greasy and no residue at least for me there isn't when I apply 1.5ml to my temples and mid section.

Sometimes I might squeeze the dropper in one spot and get the hair really wet but after 3 mins (it drys supper fast) its dry and I can just brush it out and style my hair as normal.

DasFox

Reaction score
adolobe said:
DasFox said:

THANKS

Also check out his regular 5% for morning application. Its awesome if you style your hair or have some what longer hair as it isn't greasy and no residue at least for me there isn't when I apply 1.5ml to my temples and mid section.

Sometimes I might squeeze the dropper in one spot and get the hair really wet but after 3 mins (it drys supper fast) its dry and I can just brush it out and style my hair as normal.

THANKS

mx560

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to this and been using minoxidil for the last 6 weeks,
can somebody tell me the benefits of using
Azelaic acid

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
mx560 said:
can somebody tell me the benefits of using Azelaic acid

In my opinion, there probably aren't any.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
mx560 said:
can somebody tell me the benefits of using Azelaic acid

In my opinion, there probably aren't any.

Azelaic acid is reported to remove 98% of DHT in the scalp. The issue here is for how long. All the reports Ive read do show that it removed DHT but none of them report for how long this is affective.

Your body is always making DHT so if the Azelaic acid removed 98% of it but is only affective for 2 hours then whats the point as it will only build right back up. The 2 hour time frame was just a number I made up so dont take it for fact as Ive yet to read any medical studies or clinical trials that show the affective time periods of Azelaic Acid.

So like Bryan said its probably just a wast and somewhat of irritant to some people with sensitive skin.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think Bryan meant what you meant.

I also dont think much of Azelaic Acid. I dont even think it does anything at all to stop DHT formation.

seeves

Reaction score
I started using Perfect hair solutions 15% with azelaic acid back in november 2009 in the mornings (1ml) and then stuck with 1ml of kirkland 5% at night. I may have thinned out a little in the front from it which is where i am applying but I dont know for sure. Has anyone had any luck with perfect hair solutions 15%? I figured it was worth a shot and if it doesnt work I will go back to kirkland's.

asterixxx

Reaction score
Hey guys, i purchased this stuff on ebay and i didnt start to use it yet but when i looked at about the reviews on amazon i realised all of them are scam and fraud, same users commended about same products even at same sentences. i trusted this firm much but that disappointed me. now i dont know if i will have to return them back or use them.. Can you give me an advice?

castanza

Reaction score
I say try it and let us know how it is. I was thinking about buying it as well but havent yet.

I read the reviews on amazon and it seems like that company has positive reviews and the other 2 companies selling the 15% have bad reviews saying 15% is a scam. I'm wondering why this company didnt get the same bad scam review as the other 2 offering 15%. Wonder if that company is the one posting the bad reviews?

If you end up trying it keep us updated. It might not be a scam just because of the amazon reviews. I actually read a good review on a blog about that brand so I'm curious before I purchase for myself.

asterixxx

Reaction score
All positive feedbacks are scam about this product on amanzon.Check them out and see the persons who gave positive feed back about this seller also gave positive feedback about other products of this seller even same sentences.
i think i m going to use Dr.Lee s products from now on