15 days into minoxidil shed stressed out !!!!

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new too these forums ... I'm 23 and I've been using minoxidil for 15 days and have been noticing my hair shedding , I know this is normal blah blah but my question (if I can even make sense of it) is while my hair is shedding that just means the hairs that are growing are pretty much pushing the old hairs out ? So even tho I'm shedding the re growth process is occurring ? And is shedding early a good sign , better than just noticing shedding one or two moves into treatment ? Btw I'm on using minoxidil 5% nothing else ... Any info will be appreciate I'm really stressing out to the point it's affecting my life

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started shedding on minoxidil like 10 days into using it and I've had some pretty damn good results on my regimen. Started seeing results on my 3rd month. I am not saying this is what will happen to you, but just saying that shedding can be a good sign.

That being said, why not also get on a DHT-inhibitor? What Norwood are you?

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im pretty much a newbie to this im seeing my dermatologist wednesday idk what Norwood i am and i just read about some bad side effects from different DHT pills, i went in to my doctors office two weeks for flu symptoms and i said by the way what can i do for thinning he really didnt look at me much and told me to get mino 5% and take zine,biotin and l-arginine so i did and now im shedding and i swear its putting me down so much , might make me sound like a b**ch but i ran my hand thru my hair in the shower tonight and saw like 6 thin hairs and it made me throw up ... i was so upset ... probably lost like 50 hairs in the shower today.... i called my Doctor yesterday and he got back to me today but a nurse called me back and said "doctor said to come off of mino" i was like wtf i thought it was normal to shed and she said thats what the doctor said at this point im confused and i have little hope

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
im pretty much a newbie to this im seeing my dermatologist wednesday idk what Norwood i am and i just read about some bad side effects from different DHT pills, i went in to my doctors office two weeks for flu symptoms and i said by the way what can i do for thinning he really didnt look at me much and told me to get mino 5% and take zine,biotin and l-arginine so i did and now im shedding and i swear its putting me down so much , might make me sound like a b**ch but i ran my hand thru my hair in the shower tonight and saw like 6 thin hairs and it made me throw up ... i was so upset ... probably lost like 50 hairs in the shower today.... i called my Doctor yesterday and he got back to me today but a nurse called me back and said "doctor said to come off of mino" i was like wtf i thought it was normal to shed and she said thats what the doctor said at this point im confused and i have little hope

50-60 hairs are nothing dude, i've seen people on minoxidil shedding with much more hairs lost and the after 6-7 month they went back normal, but it's scary, if you want to quit anyway quit now and not later

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty much 23 and when I started min I shed like made after just the first 3 days. I kept shedding for 2 months until the area I was applying it went noticeably bald. I m just starting to see some regrowth after 3 months.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think ima just quit and try and see if I can go back to normal

- - - Updated - - -

Psychologically it's depressing putting this **** on my hair ima quit I've only been using it for 17 days can notice small holes in my hair, I have a full head of hair it's just thinning

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you quit it will go back to how your hair looked just before you started. The hairs you shed will grow back thicker, but will certainly thin again. I personally think you should stick with it. You'll regret in a few months time if your hair a thins further.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been off it for 9 days now , I'm still experiencing this shed hopefully it'll go away soon my hair did grow in length but still looks thin, gonna wait til it normalizes back to how it was... My question is how long will it take for this crap to come out of my system ? And when will the shedding stop I've only used it for about 2 weeks... I've read stories of people growing their hair back after 6 months but they used minoxidil for years and then stop whereas I only used it for two weeks, any info will help thanks guys !