14 month update...

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on 1/5th Proscar for 14 months, nizoral for a little longer, and infusium conditioner for 2-3 months.

I am a diffuse thinner and first noticed it 2 February's ago.

So, at month 10-12 I hit the sheds. Stopped shedding right around month 12 and have not been shedding since. The exposed scalp around my part has shrunk, I used to see scalp half an inch on either side of my part but now my part is back to the way it was with none showing. I could spike my hair around month 10, couldn't at month 12, can again spike my hair without worrying about it at month 14. Definitely a roller coaster ride, but worth it. Hair is at it's best right now. I would say I am at about 90-95% of what I was before all this started. I am 100% satisfied and rarely read this site anymore. When it first started I read this site and 15 others trying to figure out what I was going to do, now I don't even think about it. I would guess I spent 4 or so hours a day looking up this stuff. I occassionaly come back to see how new research is doing, but for the most part I am looking up other stuff.

PS-In terms of side effects I got watery jizz at about the 6th day and it lasted for about 2 days. I have no gyno, but I am also 30 lbs leaner so I wouldn't suspect i would get gyno.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
proscar

good post Dougie

How old are you?

When did you start to thin?

Are you using Merck or generic proscar?

Very encouraging. I was thinking about something you said, the other day--at what point of cosmetic improvement will I rarely go onto this site of HLH, etc. I could see that happening.

I am at the 2 1/2 month mark of propecia, and the 13 month mark of rogaine, with good results.

I am 34 and have been thinning since I was 27.

G

Good to hear an update from you douggie. Keep updating ever so often.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 28 and would say I noticed the thinning at around 25.

I used Merck Proscar up until last Friday, now I am on Fincar.