13 months of the big three

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
i was a norwood 2 with receded hairline and miniaturisation of the crown 13 months ago when i decided to start on the big three.

13 months later i am a norwood 2 with maybe 2/3 rds reversal of miniaturisation at the crown,a left temple maybe a cm lower,a right temple about half a cm lower and half inch slightly darker than blonde vellus hairs where my old teenage hairline was.

i ve used proscar religiously everyday and minoxidil(kirkland 5%) kinda religiously,maybe missing the odd day here n there and at one time none for a week.i use the nizoral two or maybe three times a week,and need to pick some up soon cos i ran out about a week or so ago.

i also recently switched to Fincar from inhouse and continue to quarter it into 1.25mg with a razor blade

i keep meaning to add a copper peptide to give the vellus hair a kick,and i think i'll prob opt for american crew.
im also going to get on the minoxidil foam once my last bottle of kirkland runs out.ive gone from using the spray for about 4 months until it began getting difficult to apply,so i moved on to the dropper and that was ok for a bit but now at 13 months its really difficult not to get it in/on my hair!

its my opinion that 13 months is not so long for the big three and im going to give it another 4 or 5 months at least to really see what happens,but so far im pretty happy with what ive achieved.

my objective is to get to a point where i have complete reversal of miniaturisation at the crown,my temples to be as low as meds can take them,and then look into a hair transplant ,probably a procedure in the region of 2000 grafts as i would really like to straighten the hairline out,but not have it drastically low.i think im well on my way to achieving this goal!

The treatments absolutely do work,you need to be very patient and ride out the sheds,ive shed pretty much from month 3 ,although its dropped off significantly recently.despite the shedding i never went below baseline,its very possible for shedding and regrowth/thicker hair to go hand in hand.

hope that all makes sense,i really just wanted to post to keep myself documented and also so others on this site can gain some real insight into the treatments they are on or considering being on

good luck!

EDIT:I no longer use msm or saw palmetto which i did fo about a month.however if you want your hair to grow faster msm really makes it grow!also,i have never had side effects other than an INCREASE in sex drive,i asked on here somethign about that and some helpful person pointed me to a very helpful study/report,do a search ,its on here somewhere :hairy:

G

That´s some pretty good sucess. The hairline is usually very hard to regrow. Do you have some pics about how your hair used to look before you started and some about how it looks at the moment? You know, one pic says more than a thousand words.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
hey taugenichts,i never took any pictures,i know everyone says to but i never really concerned myself too much with documenting it like that

but yea hairline is the difficult bit,and also the bit ive been most concerned about!

:hairy:

G

great results man.

i have the opposite problem.

im getting some regrowth on the hairline at 2.5 months but no crown regrowth as of yet.